Would you add a mirror to your road bike? Anyone seen this one?

ibruegge

Have been playing with the thought, but have (stupidly, if we're honest...) thought they all look terrible, incl. Blackburn etc.

Found this one, available in the US of A - anyone tried / seen it? Would you fit it to your bike? Have ordered one through a friend who is bringing it, as postage was more than the mirror, but maybe something we should bring into the country?

post-15789-0-79368300-1357725884_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... Would like to see it on your bike, but does not look too bad!

yes, will post a pic once I got mine - and yes, THAT handlebar tape is much worse than the mirror... :-) Maybe I should order a box of mirrors and sell them to hubbers?

The mirror area is just too small to clearly define what you are seeing. I used somthing similar made by Produx in Slaapstad. Just did not work. We now use the Cateye mirror that fits in the bar end. We remove it for races.

post-24908-0-72969300-1357726711_thumb.jpg

Edited by eccentric1

The mirror area is just too small to clearly define what you are seeing. I used somthing similar made by Produx in Slaapstad. Just did not work. We now use the Cateye mirror that fits in the bar end. We remove it for races.

Agreed, I guess one can just get an idea if something approaches from the back - and not get a super detailed view. Which is still better than not having any idea at all about what's going on behind yourself.

No I will not fit one to my bike as you can just glance quickly over my shoulder

You should see what happens to some funriders [starts running] when they peek over their shoulders. They change 4 lanes without realising it.

No I will not fit one to my bike as you can just glance quickly over my shoulder
You should see what happens to some funriders [starts running] when they peek over their shoulders. They change 4 lanes without realising it.

Yup, not over shoulder! underneath shoulder/arm for a quick glimps!

hahahaha true. don't we all ride for fun ? whistling.gif

Agreed, I guess one can just get an idea if something approaches from the back - and not get a super detailed view. Which is still better than not having any idea at all about what's going on behind yourself.

It was a waste of time and money. Your handlebards is in comstant movement and the you cannot see what is happening behind you. The mirror with the larger surface is better. The bigger one works, is lightweight, may look ridiculous but EM on the back of the Tandem operates it and she can keep constant check of what is happening.

Edited by eccentric1

agree, I also think it is to small

Have been playing with the thought, but have (stupidly, if we're honest...) thought they all look terrible, incl. Blackburn etc.

Found this one, available in the US of A - anyone tried / seen it? Would you fit it to your bike? Have ordered one through a friend who is bringing it, as postage was more than the mirror, but maybe something we should bring into the country?

I saw those at Aspire Velotech. I think I might just get one and try it out for myself.

I saw those at Aspire Velotech. I think I might just get one and try it out for myself.

yes, that is where mine was ordered... are they available locally?