Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

I've reached the point where if my bike breaks I'm taking up running again.

I feel sorry for the niche bike retailers out there. 

Ja. I want a new trail lid and I'm having to think "tax refund" 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Morewood single pivot frame and profit :D maintenance is cheap(bearing man) and they are rugged and over specced so things seem to last. Also don't buy a fox fork, RS Rev or Pike. For the dropper get a Giant. Now you can afford the petrol to get to the trails!!

Funny thing is (and I realise this is totally anecdotal) but the only people I have recently come across with new bikes are on sponsored / test kit.  Which in Cape Town is like 90% of riders :ph34r:

Get a Morewood single pivot frame and profit :D maintenance is cheap(bearing man) and they are rugged and over specced so things seem to last. Also don't buy a fox fork, RS Rev or Pike. For the dropper get a Giant. Now you can afford the petrol to get to the trails!!

What does that leave you with?

An equally expensive DVO or MRP?

I don't understand.

Rigid perhaps???

I don't understand.

Rigid perhaps???

Haha, nothing like a rigid Enduro bike to get you to improve your line choices.

Haha, nothing like a rigid Enduro bike to get you to improve your line choices.

They say your legs and arms are your best suspension.

Alllll you "enduro riders" in the cape.

There's a DH race at Steilte on the 14th. Time to put up or shut up. And none of this "it's vanetines day" rubbish. We all know you're single and live with your mother.

There's rumors of a shuttle day on the 13th at the same venue for that unfair advantage. But the owners of said shuttle vehicles and trailers have been difficult to reach for confirmation.

Oh and then there's the Night Harvest in HB on the 12th with some of the best dirt jumpers in the world doing their thing.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Sure he meant "Don't get a fox fork, get an RS Rev or Pike"

Or better yet...The Manotou Mattoc Pro ;)

If too pricey here its under 9k before duties at CRC!

Alllll you "enduro riders" in the cape.

There's a DH race at Steilte on the 14th. Time to put up or shut up. And none of this "it's vanetines day" rubbish. We all know you're single and live with your mother.

There's rumors of a shuttle day on the 13th at the same venue for that unfair advantage. But the owners of said shuttle vehicles and trailers have been difficult to reach for confirmation.

Oh and then there's the Night Harvest in HB on the 12th with some of the best dirt jumpers in the world doing their thing.

Strongly considering, just for s&g's. Deciding factor will be the ribs. They're still giving me shaite. 

Strongly considering, just for s&g's. Deciding factor will be the ribs. They're still giving me shaite. 

Ah. The trusty old rib excuse.

Considering the number of Reigns around I'm fairly certain I can get Pieter to create a Giant Reign class. I'll ride the "endure" class if you do.

Come on. It will be fun.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Ah. The trusty old rib excuse.

Considering the number of Reigns around I'm fairly certain I can get Pieter to create a Giant Reign class. I'll ride the "endure" class if you do.

Come on. It will be fun.

LOL. Cracked ribs aren't fun. They're "healed" but I'm going to go on whether they're strong enough to do it. If not, I may just ride it for the sake of it and fark the times.... DH needs the numbers. 

I don't understand.

Rigid perhaps???

Ag noe man, what person in their right mind would lump a Rev and Pike with a Fox fork?

Sure he meant "Don't get a fox fork, get an RS Rev or Pike"

Yebo yes Edited by Skylark