Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

The local wheels are all Chinese rebranded, but at least you will get local support hopefully

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of my options but then seeing that I'm leaving soon makes more sense for me to get the Chinese one. But if the quality of dark horse is better that I don't know 

I was looking at a set of Dark Horse recently and those things are amazing. Such good quality and they look really good. If I was spending that kind of money its what I would buy.

If I were spending that type of money I would look for a second hand set of nice wheels. You could get a decent set of Zipps if you're lucky. Or Vision or Campag Boras etc.

If I were spending that type of money I would look for a second hand set of nice wheels. You could get a decent set of Zipps if you're lucky. Or Vision or Campag Boras etc.

I would love to get the bora and actually in italy I can find it second hand for a good price but they are all tubular 

If Darkhorse answered their mails I would have gotten a set of wheels from them. Could be that they had a problem with their internet or it just slipped through the interwebs.

You're not alone there - we cracked a Zipp 303 wheel about 2 months before Kona last year, and I wrote them an email asking if we could either buy a demo set of wheels, or if they didn't have a demo set, at least have some price support on a new set given that we had spent all our savings just getting there.  We never heard a word back in reply......

If Darkhorse answered their mails I would have gotten a set of wheels from them. Could be that they had a problem with their internet or it just slipped through the interwebs.

Jip.

I had cash in hand.  Offered to pay in advance but they were not sure if the mechanic was going to be able to build a wheelset for me in a weeks time.

If I had to beg them to take my money, imagine how I had to beg them if something had to go wrong like my training partner that has broken 6 spokes already on a set.

So I bought Shamal Mile's.

I would love to get the bora and actually in italy I can find it second hand for a good price but they are all tubular 

Bora 35 Clinchers.

Looks pretty amazing.....

Guys guys guys. Buy direct from china, but spec a Hub that has local support. My china wheels have Novatec hubs.

Take the wheels to a proper wheelbuilder, I used Wyatt Earp at summit cycles in midrand; he sorted them out very nicely. Have had a spoke or two come loose after that but sorted quick as a flash after that.

Save yourself a lot of bucks and look at flyxii. Their 25mm wide wheels are super awesome and remember they don't charge shipping.

Ok I believe I'll get them.

Would you go with the new one or the older model with a lot of reviews?

Really want the bora but they are too expensive and the only second hand I can find are tubbies

It doesnt matter if your taking the old ones or new... the reviews actually tells me that the company are of high standard so a newer wheel wont be inferior to the old ones. And i heard great things if you need after sales service.

I would definitely use Yoeleo if i was you... only hear great things. I also loved the boras (more than you know) but since the fake pinarellos ill feel fake on them even if their real... if you know what i mean.

Yoeleo quoted me $100 for re branding them to what ever you like (make your own brand) but guys on here like Bogus can sort you out to make super cool wheels !!! and youll have one of a kind!

Let us know what you do...im following this now... :thumbup:

Bora 35 Clinchers.

Looks pretty amazing.....

I have both the Bora 50 tubbies and some Chinese clinchers from aliexpress. The Chinese wheels are amazing, very happy with them. However, you cannot  compare to the Bora's. They are pure class, very strong, hard wearing.

Wow nice so many feedbacks,thanks guys! Going to get the Chinese wheels and if not happy will get the bora! I'm chatting with yoeleo pretty often and they seem very helpful.