Chinese Carbon Thread

Whaaaaaaaat?

What do you expect a HT frame to weigh? All the 21" I've seen so far have been under 1,250g, I suppose you get what you pay for.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you expect a HT frame to weigh? All the 21" I've seen so far have been under 1,250g, I suppose you get what you pay for.

Agreed! Get what you pay for.

Actual frame weight of hongfu 21" guy weighed was 1330grams

• 2 weeks later...

Right so pulled the trigger on the following boys, try and deal with "amy" if you guys want something from them. Very helpfull

http://www.carbonali...r-mtb/gaea.html

FSA headset

2 x extra hangers

1 matt carbon spacer kit

final amount R5959.00 for those that are interested.

Pictures please!

Pictures please!

Will send in a week or two when I receive it. Should have ordered a couple of rigid forks and smokkel them here on thehub come to think of it. Shipping is a killer though 1600 ronds

Any import Duties? I'm keen on the Aero TT bars. Plus what's shipping for an item that "small" (if you have a rough idea)?

Edited by Eddi

Any import Duties? I'm keen on the Aero TT bars. Plus what's shipping for that small (if you have a rough idea)?

Duties, normal so vat plus fees. I normally work it out on 15.4%.

Depends on who you deal, different of these sellers have different shipping charge.

Any import Duties? I'm keen on the Aero TT bars. Plus what's shipping for an item that "small" (if you have a rough idea)?

Hopefully none, but that is a different conversation...bargaining on a couple of hundred bucks ito import duties.

Might be a good idea to do a group buy on the hub(bars, forks, posts, stems, cages) as shipping can be a killer.

Another prospect I'm looking at. Currently speaking to the suppliers, been invited to their shows too.

I just dont have time and money to go.

Check out

http://www.driveline.com.tw/

Will be lekka for track mtb and roadie crankset. Prices are not the cheapest but they do look seem the business!

Another prospect I'm looking at. Currently speaking to the suppliers, been invited to their shows too.

I just dont have time and money to go.

Check out

http://www.driveline.com.tw/

Will be lekka for track mtb and roadie crankset. Prices are not the cheapest but they do look seem the business!

Cranks certainly look GOOD!

Right so pulled the trigger on the following boys, try and deal with "amy" if you guys want something from them. Very helpfull

http://www.carbonali...r-mtb/gaea.html

FSA headset

2 x extra hangers

1 matt carbon spacer kit

final amount R5959.00 for those that are interested.

That looks bloody nice! I like that 'inboard' brake caliper mount idea at the rear

That looks bloody nice! I like that 'inboard' brake caliper mount idea at the rear

Yea, but also I like the fact that the rear brake cable routing is still outside, some of the other frames have it internally. Also lekker light and the geometry is almost a hybrid between my emd and santa cruz's highball. Look it might be a total dog, but I won't know if I don't try. Depending how this goes I might bring in more carbon stuff from china.

Edited by rouxtjie