Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Hi guys

I have been pondering building a nice 29 dual sus. Seems like the FM 036 (D-Fung) is quite popular. Also saw a"Titan" on Carbonal which looks like a potentially very good looking bike...

Are there any specific frames which any of you can recommend and a possible reference to pricing if possible?

Thank you in advance!

Can only say that I am happy with the service and product I have received from carbonal....don't know that frame.

I see they have upped their prices a bit since last week

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to put in an order for a few things, let me know. Ive got a contact there giving a bit lower prices

At which place would that be Jaco? I am keen on buying a frame from Flyxii.

Anyone looking to place a frame order anytime soon? looking to order a mtb seat post, bar and stem (or integrated bar/stem) and the shipping they want me to pay to SA just on those items is crazy! Going to be placing a frame order at the end of the year so if anyone could help me out now, i'd gladly help them out by throwing what ever in the box then! (With just putting them in their box)

Cheers

Sam

Edit: Box

At which place would that be? I am keen on buying a frame from Flyxii.

Unfortunately there will always be someone that has a bad experience....

I've bought from them multiple times without any issues with them or their products

also dealt with them with no issues other than the fact that they didnt charge me for shipping on my frame :clap:

almost a year later and still think it the best R2900 iv ever spent :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback guys, sure hope I get free shipping too!!

I have one other guy that wants to buy with me...any others?

A mate and I have ordered our frames from dengfu and they are on-route. We have already purchased all of the other parts and components so once the frames arrive then we will be ready to go, there is only one problem........... We dont know the first thing about building a bike and also dont have the tools to do it.

Does anyone know of a place where we can have the bikes built up that will be reasonable?????

Alternatively, is there a hubber ( with tools) in Joburg or Pretoria that would be willing to assist us with the build on a sat or sunday afternoon in exchange for a few cases of beer and some food??????

Edited by ShowDem

Just ordered my FM036 from Denfu for $600 which is $100 cheaper than any of the others. Dealt with Tony who was very good!!!!!

This was aimed @Pieter L

A mate and I have ordered our frames from dengfu and they are on-route. We have already purchased all of the other parts and components so once the frames arrive then we will be ready to go, there is only one problem........... We dont know the first thing about building a bike and also dont have the tools to do it.

Does anyone know of a place where we can have the bikes built up that will be reasonable?????

Alternatively, is there a hubber ( with tools) in Joburg or Pretoria that would be willing to assist us with the build on a sat or sunday afternoon in exchange for a few cases of beer and some food??????

Building is half the fun. I have have the BB installed and steerer cut by the LBS, that's the only stuff you can really cock up and render your frame and fork useless. All the rest is pretty simple, LOADS of info available on the web

http://www.teamlampreisd.com/videos/il-meccanico-ronny-baron-ci-illustra-come-si-monta-una-bici-dei-professionisti/

http://www.teamlampreisd.com/videos/il-meccanico-ronny-baron-ci-illustra-come-assemblare-una-bici-dei-professionisti-2%C2%B0-parte/

Building is half the fun. I have have the BB installed and steerer cut by the LBS, that's the only stuff you can really cock up and render your frame and fork useless. All the rest is pretty simple, LOADS of info available on the web

http://www.teamlampreisd.com/videos/il-meccanico-ronny-baron-ci-illustra-come-si-monta-una-bici-dei-professionisti/

http://www.teamlampreisd.com/videos/il-meccanico-ronny-baron-ci-illustra-come-assemblare-una-bici-dei-professionisti-2%C2%B0-parte/

Naah.

Only took half a case of beer to build the bike, and nothing was cut skeef or over tightened.

And Pieter1 learned a lot

If you don't want to do it yourself, go to Josh at cyclist's workshop. Good guy :thumbup:

He is close to the leaping frog centre in lonehill, just of william nicol

Edited by rouxtjie