Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Hi Guys

So hears my sad story, i ordered a set of rims from one of the companies in china they were supper light at around 330g per piece and was quite happy to try them out. However, when they were been built up one of the spokes pulled through the rim. the company gladly replaced the rim with a warrantee, but they sent me the wrong rim which is a much better design, but sitting at 400 grams (Sorry the weight weenie in me says i cant) so i wanna know if there is anyone on this thread who is keen on buying a single carbon rim?

Edited by _Pat_

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other thing, has anyone bought rims from carbonal technologies and got a review for me.

Other thing, has anyone bought rims from carbonal technologies and got a review for me.

Only a frame, super happy with the quality and weight.

Anyone ordering from Flyxii pleassssse let me know, I'm looking for some RD hangers, model FLX RD 002.

Anyone ordering from Flyxii pleassssse let me know, I'm looking for some RD hangers, model FLX RD 002.

how much do you need? i might have spare at home. i'll check later

I've read through this thread, but might have missed it: has anyone posted a detailed BoM for a build from scratch? I'm interested in building my own road bike, but am a total noob to bike tinkering. Also, has anyone looked at the HF-FM069? Supposed to weigh 920g.

Hi Guys

So hears my sad story, i ordered a set of rims from one of the companies in china they were supper light at around 330g per piece and was quite happy to try them out. However, when they were been built up one of the spokes pulled through the rim. the company gladly replaced the rim with a warrantee, but they sent me the wrong rim which is a much better design, but sitting at 400 grams (Sorry the weight weenie in me says i cant) so i wanna know if there is anyone on this thread who is keen on buying a single carbon rim?

What configuration is your rim?

Hi Guys

Road (Clincher or Tubby)/MTB?

Depth?

Price?

Am i missing any other spec, i'm looking for a deep section 32 hole carbon road clincher ;)

Edited by Clinton - theCOW

Please give your opinion on these 2 frames. I want to build a 27.5 mtb

FM136 from Shenzhen Hongfu http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1185145031/2013_High_Quality_frame_27_5er.html

and the Venture from Corbonal http://www.carbonality.com/carbon-bike-frames-forks/mtb-hardtail-frames/venture-27-5er-1080g-only.html

Thanks Anthony

I'd go for the FM136, looks far nicer!!! IMO

By the way do a search on this thread for StressedEric he built one. Super sexy bike!!

Either of the sellers above are very reputable and quick to respond, drop them a mail to get quotes!

Edited by Meezo

Both been very good. Corbonal even sent a message again this morning to see if I had any further questions.

I am nervous to do this.......but I will have a bike none of my mates have.

Check out these bling handle bars http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MTB-mountain-full-carbon-bicycle-Handlebar-carbon-Mountain-bike-carbon-620mm/231027115485?_trksid=p2047675.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D177%26meid%3D707491095453352883%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D310727198463%26

I like them.

Now do I go the whole way and get a carbon saddle?

It's your bum that have to sit on them!

Personally I would not go for a full carbon saddle. But I must add that I have never rode on one.