Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Ok, my turn to ask.

UD Matte or 12k Matte for my new demo FM036?

Thanks for your answer in my previous post.

I like UD Matte, but then I havent really seen a 12k Matte before, but I reckon it would look sick

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meezo, maybe you can help, what was the reason for Babse buying the FR202? the slackier head angle?

and could you maybe explain the difference between the FM53/56/57, all look exactly the same to me in specs.

would i be correct by saying, something for mostly xc style would be seat angle of 73* and head tube angle of 71*?

thanks

FM053 is 2011 model with external housing for cables and hoses.

FM056 is 2012 model, identical but internal housing.

FM057 is FM056 with 142x12 rear axle.

At most shops.

Some suppliers have FM056 as either 135QR or 142x12 and FM057 as 650b. Who knows why is the holy grail of dealing with China.

what rob said!!!

why @babse took the FR202, 2 main reasons, he was without a bike at the time and was hasty and secondly it was cheap... finally he really like the look of it. not me so much!!!

in terms of which is a more XC frame, we never looked at that, the type of riding(not hard core racing) it really didn't/doesn't make a difference, sorry i don't have a technical head angle answer for you!

Here's my latest bike build project, carbon dual susp 29er ......AKA 'Bosvark' !

And yes, it is PROUDLY CHINESE!!!!!

Thx Booth Bikes for supplying the frame and the extra goodies.

Check out my own branding of the stem, handlebars and seatpost. Hehehe!!!!

I am pleasantly surprised by its performance on the trails and it climbs like a mountain goat. I also commute, 40km's daily, with it and even feels good on the tar.

So far, I'm very chuffed with my purchase!

And last but not least, for a size XL dual susp 29er with Shimano SLX groupset, it only weighs 12.3kg's(incl pedals)!

post-29890-0-07217400-1377282157_thumb.jpg

post-29890-0-69132000-1377282175_thumb.jpg

post-29890-0-69678000-1377282364_thumb.jpg

Here's my latest bike build project, carbon dual susp 29er ......AKA 'Bosvark' !

And yes, it is PROUDLY CHINESE!!!!!

Thx Booth Bikes for supplying the frame and the extra goodies.

Check out my own branding of the stem, handlebars and seatpost. Hehehe!!!!

I am pleasantly surprised by its performance on the trails and it climbs like a mountain goat. I also commute, 40km's daily, with it and even feels good on the tar.

So far, I'm very chuffed with my purchase!

And last but not least, for a size XL dual susp 29er with Shimano SLX groupset, it only weighs 12.3kg's(incl pedals)!

That is very original. I like it. Nice looking bike

As you all know theres alot of talk regarding counterfeit goods etc. i personally would ride a black UD frame.. Can anyone tell me if the FM066 Hongfu frame is a copy of a brand?

As you all know theres alot of talk regarding counterfeit goods etc. i personally would ride a black UD frame.. Can anyone tell me if the FM066 Hongfu frame is a copy of a brand?

Cervelo R5 clone

I have the chinese carbon handlebars on my MTB and i started worrying about their reliability. Just a bit scared they might break which could end up killing me, i have ridden for 2 months now and no problems just concerned of how tough they really are. Anyone done any strength test on the bars can put my mind at ease?

I have the chinese carbon handlebars on my MTB and i started worrying about their reliability. Just a bit scared they might break which could end up killing me, i have ridden for 2 months now and no problems just concerned of how tough they really are. Anyone done any strength test on the bars can put my mind at ease?

Just stick a logo on, they will be fine :whistling:

No, it is not a copy nor clone.

anyone have a contact person/number for jhb customs, I'm awaiting a parcel from the UK. Their tracking records says "...has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in SOUTH AFRICA.

Called Cape Town Cape Mail Customs & they say no record from JHB Customs yet.

Anyone have experience with standard Chainreaction cycles delivery time? Been waiting 16 working days, they say wait 15 days before contacting them... So I shot them a mail. Anyone had a longer delivery time on their untracked service?

milky - not sure if it get's cleared in JHB before being sent to CPT, if you want i have the JIMC number, was posted earlier in this thread if i'm correct.

SamL - CRC orders fluctuate. I've had 1 arrive in 5 working days and 1 order took just over a month, haven't ordered from them in 1.5 odd years now.

Wiggle stuff i seem to get within 5 days every time ;)