Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that even though have 35 stanchions...they have built in flex( apparently helps with traction)...i thought that is like a no no for forks??

Yeah, I thought so too, but....

Too much flex is not good. So thinking that a 34 should be ok, and a 36 is stiff. Then the Formula 35 should be probably closer to a 34 in terms of flex

I see that even though have 35 stanchions...they have built in flex( apparently helps with traction)...i thought that is like a no no for forks??

I also thought the flex part(absorbing impact) is in the fork travel and whatever clever tech they build in there, all else should be as rigid as possible?

I also thought the flex part(absorbing impact) is in the fork travel and whatever clever tech they build in there, all else should be as rigid as possible?

Yeah the flex part I think is a marketing gimmick for a design flaw, if there is flex.

The whole point of going with bigger stanchions was to eliminate flex and give precise, predictable steering. The tyre and fork itself must deal with the impact.

Yeah the flex part I think is a marketing gimmick for a design flaw, if there is flex.

The whole point of going with bigger stanchions was to eliminate flex and give precise, predictable steering. The tyre and fork itself must deal with the impact.

Is flex really such a bad thing?

If you watch super slowmo's of the guys in Supercross there's a HUGE amount of flex in even those forks. I doubt you'll get rid of it completely. Ever.

I've been told by someone in the know that the Syndicate run their spokes with less tension on purpose just because the Enve/Fox 40 combo is so stiff. But thats just what I heard.

We all buy into the story that stiffer is better and if all the claims of 15% stiffer here & there were to be believed we'd all have shattered teeth every time we swung a leg over the bike.

But the point is not the actual stiffness(they know the correct level of flex needed and ratios thereof) but rather the stiffness to weight ratio?

Any tips on where I can find short (50mm-ish) 35mm diameter stems locally?

Hi there, We can help you with a Dabomb stem if you like.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk