LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should it not be low carb high PROTEIN not fat?

No.

To much protein would be converted in the liver to glucose which would lead to insulin spike and so negating all the positive of low carb eating. You have to replace the energy that you consumed in the form of carbs previously and this is accomplished by increased good fat consumption.

Gluconeogenesis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Glycogenesis or Glyceroneogenesis.

Gluconeogenesis (abbreviated GNG) is a metabolic pathway that results in the generation of glucose from non-carbohydrate carbon substrates such as pyruvate, lactate, glycerol,glucogenic amino acids, and odd-chain fatty acid.

Edited by Sniffie

Guest Smimby

NO

But Tim Nokes is saying Protein Protein and with that you do get fat also but not fat only?

Guest Smimby

Wife went to his talk last night and she said he does not say eat FAT eat FAT....he says PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN

and veggies that grow above ground.

Wife went to his talk last night and she said he does not say eat FAT eat FAT....he says PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN

and veggies that grow above ground.

Good luck with that

post-32242-0-35983600-1371816585_thumb.jpeg

Guest Smimby

Good luck with that

Jislaaik, I ask a question and your first response is abrupt then you get sarcastic.....and you want me to value your opinion?

@Smimby I also went to a talk by Tim Noakes recently. He is definitely NOT only talking protein and veg. He gave many examples of what he eats, incl LOADS of eggs (the whole egg), bacon (not lean), cream, etc etc

Go to www.dietdoctor.com and read up on LCHF under weight and nutrition... I copied the info into a word doc for a friend, but i dont know how to attache it here... if you want it, PM me with your email address.

Now, now, boys, play nice. This is the one thread on the hub with constructive advice and real information. Handbags elsewhere please.

Guest Smimby

@Smimby I also went to a talk by Tim Noakes recently. He is definitely NOT only talking protein and veg. He gave many examples of what he eats, incl LOADS of eggs (the whole egg), bacon (not lean), cream, etc etc

Go to www.dietdoctor.com and read up on LCHF under weight and nutrition... I copied the info into a word doc for a friend, but i dont know how to attache it here... if you want it, PM me with your email address.

That is 100% what I understood also, wrt what he eats.

I was just asking why it is called LCHF, as I understand that they fat comes with the protein but even if you look at an egg it has more protein than fat?

I got the feeling that people were eating FAT rather than protein that comes with fat....what I mean why is the focusw on fat, because as I see it, it is on the protein with ALL the fat that comes with it.... ie dont eat the fat on its own....dont eat the beacon fat only and leave the protein? Or am I missing it?

Guest Smimby

Now, now, boys, play nice. This is the one thread on the hub with constructive advice and real information. Handbags elsewhere please.

I fully agree, hence I could not understand the comment? I came here to get information and discuss this NOT to get sarcastic comments.

Hi Smimby,

Have a look here http://www.dietdocto...4&submit.y=-176.

Hopefully this will help clarify the misunderstanding

Thank you krl747....busy with that now

That is 100% what I understood also, wrt what he eats.

I was just asking why it is called LCHF, as I understand that they fat comes with the protein but even if you look at an egg it has more protein than fat?

I got the feeling that people were eating FAT rather than protein that comes with fat....what I mean why is the focusw on fat, because as I see it, it is on the protein with ALL the fat that comes with it.... ie dont eat the fat on its own....dont eat the beacon fat only and leave the protein? Or am I missing it?

I think it's mainly against low fat products, hence the fat or higher than normal fat content of the food we should be eating. If you go look at high fat milk (full cream) against low fat milk. There is more sugar in low fat milk than in full cream, and that is actually what makes you fat. This will be the case with most low fat products. They substitute the fat with sugar, which at the end of the day misses the point. You will also see more and more people referring toe the fact that fat, does not make fat.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/another-dreadful-low-fat-product

edit - added the link

Edited by krl747

Smimby, the whole thing is that we are addicted to food - and it becomes a vicious cycle. The more carbs we eat, the more we want, the more it converts to all the bad stuff, the sicker and fatter we get ........

The fat is not only that which is incidental to the food we eat - we cook with things like coconut oil, drink coffee with cream (no sugar :thumbdown: ), eat DOUBLE CREAM yoghurt, add olive oil to veg and salads, eat tuna in oil (not brine) etc etc etc.

It is a NOWHERE situation from an emotional point of view - we have just not be taught to eat that stuff, just the opposite. But its fun and easy (I am just missing fruit at the moment :blush: )

Good luck (and stick with us, we aren't that bad - the odd piece of PMS now and again :w00t: )

Jislaaik, I ask a question and your first response is abrupt then you get sarcastic.....and you want me to value your opinion?

Dude, with all due respect, read at least some of the thread before commenting.

If you genuinely do have an interest, you will find all your answers earlier in the thread...

Edited by davetapson

Guest Smimby

Dude, with all due respect, read at least some of the thread before commenting.

If you genuinely do have an interest, you will find all your answers earlier in the thread...

Jcza could have replied the way you just did...

People sometimes ask question that has been answered. And you just told me in a nice way to read it has been answered.

Thanks for telling me it is in the thread.