LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

I really really would love some of these nuts! BUT, I live in PE - sending a courier won't be expensive and it will DEFINITELY work out cheaper than buying in the shops.... what you think??

FYI - my wife has a friend who's parents farm Macadamias in Tzaneen.

I can get vacuum packed nuts at the following prices:

Whole: R40 / 500g

Broken: R30 / 500g

We've had them before and they are delicious.

Am just trying to find out how best to get them to Gauteng, transport costs etc.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, on this fat shake thing - what is the calorie value here though or aren't you worried at the moment (I only ask as i am doing very very VERY little training at the moment)

FYI - my wife has a friend who's parents farm Macadamias in Tzaneen.

I can get vacuum packed nuts at the following prices:

Whole: R40 / 500g

Broken: R30 / 500g

We've had them before and they are delicious.

Am just trying to find out how best to get them to Gauteng, transport costs etc.

At those prices I'd buy bags and bags! :D

It's a pain buying nuts from shops: Most of the nuts are k@k, even the Woolies ones I buy are rancid.

AAAANNNNNDDDDDD - ridiculous prices - holy freaking cow

At those prices I'd buy bags and bags! :D

It's a pain buying nuts from shops: Most of the nuts are k@k, even the Woolies ones I buy are rancid.

OK - off topic, BUT

Did you know that when Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone he had 3 missed calls from Chuck Norris???

Sorry guys, I just LOVE Chuck Norris jokes...

40 gr butter

40 gr coconut butter

organic thick cream unpasteurised

1x espresso

Guys, on this fat shake thing - what is the calorie value here though or aren't you worried at the moment (I only ask as i am doing very very VERY little training at the moment)

This one is in the region of 850.

No frigging way - 850 calories is almost my daily food allowance...

This one is in the region of 850.

I really really would love some of these nuts! BUT, I live in PE - sending a courier won't be expensive and it will DEFINITELY work out cheaper than buying in the shops.... what you think??

I would look at using econoparcel or econopost or whatever it is. Takes 3 working days and costs R20 and some cents.

Need to be careful not to make the 'a calorie is a calorie' mistake...

Somewhere near the end of this Lustig lets a dietician know what he thinks of the 'a calorie is a calorie' theory - I seem to remember 43 mins or 46 mins....

http://thedianerehmshow.org/audio-player?nid=16890

Edited by davetapson

I listen to audio books in the traffic. Currently listening to Gulp (Adventures in the Alimentary Canal) by Mary Roach.

She discusses the eskimo diet and comes up with a number of interesting facts.

• They don't eat muscle meat
  • Lung has high concentrations of vitamin C (more than a tangerine) and other organ meats also have high levels of vitamin C
  • Liver is one of the most nutritious foods of all - in whatever study she quoted, it was the most complete natural food that there is - contains high concentrations of vitamins.

Explains why eskimos don't need to drink orange juice.

The Inuit people of Alaska feed the lean cuts of the walrus to their dogs. They take the brown blubber of the walrus and mix it with the lean bison meat, can't remember what it is called. They stash this in an animal skin, and as long as this stash holds they don't get scurvy. However when it is depleted and they are forced to live of the lean meat of the snow rabbits the get scurvy and can actually die if they don't get fat back quickly into their diet. You can google: "rabbit poisoning", quit interesting. The ratio for their diet is 80% fat and 20% protein, with only trace amounts of carbs. If they don't get killed by an angry bison or succumb to the climate or a storm at sea, they live to a healthy old age.

The Inuit people of Alaska feed the lean cuts of the walrus to their dogs. They take the brown blubber of the walrus and mix it with the lean bison meat, can't remember what it is called. They stash this in an animal skin, and as long as this stash holds they don't get scurvy. However when it is depleted and they are forced to live of the lean meat of the snow rabbits the get scurvy and can actually die if they don't get fat back quickly into their diet. You can google: "rabbit poisoning", quit interesting. The ratio for their diet is 80% fat and 20% protein, with only trace amounts of carbs. If they don't get killed by an angry bison or succumb to the climate or a storm at sea, they live to a healthy old age.

I think this is where 'Pemican' comes from. Google it.

Basically fat with protein, made into a bar for easy eating.

Could be nice using Coconut oil and biltong

Edited by wonduhboy

Why so low? It should be around 1500-1700 surely?

I think this is where 'Pemican' comes from. Google it.

Basically fat with protein, made into a bar for easy eating.

Could be nice using Coconut oil and biltong

Thanks for helping me out! I have mixed fine dry biltong with good quality cold pressed olive oil and it tastes great! I do sometimes take it along on a training ride, and it is quite palatable when you are looking for something salty. Will try coconut oil in summer when it is not a hard fat due to the temperature.

Thanks for helping me out! I have mixed fine dry biltong with good quality cold pressed olive oil and it tastes great! I do sometimes take it along on a training ride, and it is quite palatable when you are looking for something salty. Will try coconut oil in summer when it is not a hard fat due to the temperature.

Might work well with biltong dust, if you have access to that...