MTB cleats \ pedals advice

in10sive

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@in10sive, if u plan on going DH way of mtbing, then flat pedals, otherwise clipless is the way! U are in any case not suppose to uncleat other than when u finish riding, why cycle if u gonna walk more? Also, what make spd's u have? The cheap ones are not so easy to use, very stiff, even if u loosen them up!

thanks guys - might be just learning curve for me - will check, maybe pedal is to tight

If you've left it on the factory setting it probably is too tight, had the same problem.

I had and still stlightly have the same problem using cleats and trying to get my feet out when the bike slips etc and fell resulting in some serious injuries to my knee joints etc.

Maybe take a look at those pedals you find that are clipless on one side and eggbeater on the other then you can decide how you want to ride depending on the terrain!

Ai ai mense, get with the programme! Da is kinders jonger as julle wat al met cleats ry! Dit is nie so moeilik nie. Sit in jou spaar tyd of Sondae, in plaas van slaap, in die garage op jou fiets en oefen die "uncleat" aksie!

Ai ai mense, get with the programme! Da is kinders jonger as julle wat al met cleats ry! Dit is nie so moeilik nie. Sit in jou spaar tyd of Sondae, in plaas van slaap, in die garage op jou fiets en oefen die "uncleat" aksie!

I'd rather spend that time on the trails ^_^

So Dialed bikes don't have stock of the DMR pedles. Any other local guys in the JHB north area thats worth to go to?

So Dialed bikes don't have stock of the DMR pedles. Any other local guys in the JHB north area thats worth to go to?

Mikes could have.

I've been riding with spuds for more than 12 years and can in total blame about 5 "om donder" events on them and the rest of the time they've been a asset to my riding(XC). On the other hand when riding AM or downhill on the morewood I'll never use spuds. Here flats gives you the much needed freedom. In my opinion it all depends on your type of riding..

Loosen them up, I find they don't pop out when riding even when loose, it's when it's bumpy that they like to "skip" occasionally. Also, I've found it very important to clean them off often as when they're a bit dirty, they tend to give problems.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I didn't read the whole thread.

Wanted to order dmr v12 from dial'd but shipping cost is too much, ended up ordering ordering Wellgo B54 from Chainreaction for 400 shipping incl vs R900+

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/600548_10151413998246643_172928505_n.jpg

Got these yesterday for the AM rig - DMR V12s - R590 + 5.10 freeriders = free shipping

How did you get the flats + shipping to be R900+?

https://www.mountainmailorder.co.za/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=2215

https://www.mountainmailorder.co.za/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=2214

mountainmailorder.co.za also sells 5.10

easy :-) shipping to my area was 350 + purchase price of pedals as per the checkout quote

Archived