Garmin Edge 500 or Bryton 40?

ivr32

Thank you OP for the post. I was wondering the same thing, even though I've been leaning more to Garmin from the start.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever you decide on, be sure to check out fit tracks online store.

I found them to have the cheapest prices on garmin and bryton?

http://shop.fittrack.co.za.

Anybody that is a member of Momentum Multiply can get them online a fair bit cheaper than those (already good) prices.

Anybody that is a member of Momentum Multiply can get them online a fair bit cheaper than those (already good) prices.

Damn I cancelled my multiply last week

I had the Edge 500 and recently upgraded to the 510 since I wanted my family to know where I was on the road. The 500 is an awesome product. It's the benchmark, just like Polar was years ago and just works without any issues. You can use it for approximately a week without re-charging the device.

Apparently you must buy the maps extra for the Garmin, any idea on how much this cost?

The 1000 Garmin vs Bryton threads must have been deleted with the crash.

Garmin all the way.

Garmin is technologically waaaay more advanced.

Garmin is waaay more user friendly and customizable.

Garmin is waaay better integrated with 3rd party software

The list goes on and on

Garmin ... you are lost without it!

I agree the agents for Bryton is great, however I dont think their product is. I had a Ryder 35 and had endless hassles with the HR monitor. Then the agents offered me an upgrade to the 40, at a charge obviously. Had it for 2 month before the hassles started again. Ended up selling the unit and buying the Garmin edge 500. Haven't had a days problems with it. The battery life isn't as good as the Bryton but I will rather have a bomb proof unit and HR monitor strap over a bit of battery life.

• 2 months later...

Have to agree with all. Bryton might have same functions as Garmin, but Garmin is just better. Got both. First had Garmin 500, then gave it to my wife, and bought Bryton 40 after "some friend" recommended it. Was disappointed with it from day one. Now got the Garmin 810 so family can track me, and for Joberg2C for 2014.

What is your opinion on CycleOps Joule GPS + PowelCal HR Strap?

Powercal is not accurate - not much use as a power meter.

Rather go with a Garmin.

Free maps are available for Garmin GPS's :)

V12man have you used a Powercal?

I assume the free maps are not garmin maps.