Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Tell us more about the Cotic in the Amarok please. Presumably a BFe...

You were close on both accounts, it is actually a Cotic Simple (one of the last 26" models) on a Navara. Running a 150mm Sektor coil up front which is slightly overkill but good fun.

My other bike is a green BFe...but thinking of selling because not getting round to riding it much.

post-8497-0-66544500-1369685148_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were close on both accounts, it is actually a Cotic Simple (one of the last 26" models) on a Navara. Running a 150mm Sektor coil up front which is slightly overkill but good fun.

My other bike is a green BFe...but thinking of selling because not getting round to riding it much.

Dammit! Simple was my first guess as it didn't look as beefy as the Burly Iron but actually ruled it out due to the moerse fork :)

PM'd re BFe...

Edit: Navara, Amarok, Hilux, Ranger... Aren't they all the same?...

Edited by Ryanpmb

My "Enduro Bike" which made me get lost somewhere on the drakensberg mountains.

I was having too much fun and not paying attention on where I was going a couple of hours into the ride. Needless to say it was a while until I found a small settlement and they pointed me into the right direction back to the resort I was staying at :thumbup:

post-34123-0-39328300-1369686907_thumb.jpg

Yeah they nice. I got a element and mate of mine got a slayer. Very nice!

We must do a Rocky Mountain Ride... Heard rumors of the cablecar in harties putting on bike hooks?!

Dammit! Simple was my first guess as it didn't look as beefy as the Burly Iron but actually ruled it out due to the moerse fork :)

PM'd re BFe...

Edit: Navara, Amarok, Hilux, Ranger... Aren't they all the same?...

If Ryan does not chat too long about the Fe, could you also chat to me please.

Lol. Treks are strong Like that

Not THAT strong....and I was just riding along, promise.

post-3611-0-23964600-1369726853_thumb.jpg

post-3611-0-55313900-1369726888_thumb.jpg

Ryan, let me help you out. My enduro fiets. My go anywhere and down anything I like bike. Only thing it has is a shox :ph34r:

post-10758-0-31632000-1369727364_thumb.jpg

I was wondering how long before this thread was tainted by a 29er rider telling us how his bike is like an enduro bike because "it can ride over anything" :P :lol:

Edited by patches

I was wondering about this endure thing... Honestly speaking, given that we don't live in the Alps, what is the best kind of bike for SA enduro? Given that we also have an obsession with riding up hills here in SA, wouldn't a nice, taught 110/20mm bike be the best?

Where're the gnarliest endure-type runs in SA? Just as a matter of comparison...

Here's my Enduro hardtail

post-3441-0-76083200-1369727644_thumb.jpg

Will take a picture and post the Sanction this evening

EDIT: oh yes, now have a dropper post fitted

Edited by Flowta

post-10758-0-31632000-1369727364_thumb.jpg

I was wondering how long before this thread was tainted by a 29er rider telling us how his bike is like an enduro bike because "it can ride over anything" :P :lol:

I will definitely not be using this...

post-12909-0-60692600-1369727687_thumb.jpg

... but I don't think the 29" PYGA I posted earlier is tainting this thread... :whistling: .

I was wondering about this endure thing... Honestly speaking, given that we don't live in the Alps, what is the best kind of bike for SA enduro? Given that we also have an obsession with riding up hills here in SA, wouldn't a nice, taught 110/20mm bike be the best?

Where're the gnarliest endure-type runs in SA? Just as a matter of comparison...

Currently SA "enduro" is more sort of trail riding. Like you say, we don't have the gradient for european type enduro events. That said, there's nothing stopping one from having a bigger travel bike.

As for the uphill obsession... I think most of those keen on enduro don't suffer from that, hahaha! Many are DHers or freeriders.

As the sport grows, and the riders start pushing the limits (here in SA), the trails will adapt to be more testing. More tech, less pedally. But we need to ease ourselves into it.

On a general level, the average SA MTBer is FAR less technically capable than one in Europe. (I'll put my flame suit on for that comment... but it's true).

I will definitely not be using this...

post-12909-0-60692600-1369727687_thumb.jpg

... but I don't think the 29" PYGA I posted earlier is tainting this thread... :whistling: .

Your PYGA is permitted. 29er XC hard tails are not :lol:

My Shova ... and she might be up for sale soon (frame/headset, fork and wheels) if a little something I have planned comes through!

OK OK... If you insist on donating it to me I guess I'll take it... :whistling: