Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Dude that's a sick ride...that's why the trek was never for you

yeah, looking back im glad you said it was too small, I dig those fuels, but im really happy with how everything turned out!

went for my first ride on it today, im not used to how smooth everything feels and i think i need more air in the suspension, however, this is the fastest bike ive ever ever ridden, i was about 15% quicker on THE single track down rhodes memorial, which is a lot!

the fork is one thing i was a bit worried about, but this durolux feels amazing! It is plush, supportive and stiff! if this is what a low end high end fork feels like, id love to know what a high end high end fork like a pike or a new 36 feels like!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, looking back im glad you said it was too small, I dig those fuels, but im really happy with how everything turned out!

went for my first ride on it today, im not used to how smooth everything feels and i think i need more air in the suspension, however, this is the fastest bike ive ever ever ridden, i was about 15% quicker on THE single track down rhodes memorial, which is a lot!

the fork is one thing i was a bit worried about, but this durolux feels amazing! It is plush, supportive and stiff! if this is what a low end high end fork feels like, id love to know what a high end high end fork like a pike or a new 36 feels like!

Everythnig happens for a reason,am sure that spez is better frame . Dude that bike deserves an mrp. Once you have a top end fork nothing else will do. That's why I am about to put an mrp on my trigger ... Is your frame light? Is that the xl that much bigger than a normal large.

I know that spez is a better frame.

Edited by Aka pikey

I have a spare GT Zaskar carbon 26er HT frame.

It will take a 650b wheel at the back.

Could I put a long travel (140-160mm) 650B fork on the front and use the bike for enduro?

Or would I be wasting my time?

I have a spare GT Zaskar carbon 26er HT frame.

It will take a 650b wheel at the back.

Could I put a long travel (140-160mm) 650B fork on the front and use the bike for enduro?

Or would I be wasting my time?

I wouldn't go longer than 120mm on that frame if you're planning to push the bike a bit. With a 140mm fork and some trail abuse the head tube won't be happy. 

I wouldn't go longer than 120mm on that frame if you're planning to push the bike a bit. With a 140mm fork and some trail abuse the head tube won't be happy.

I have been thinking the head tube angle & possible stresses could be an issue...

I have been thinking the head tube angle & possible stresses could be an issue...

Yeah, it won't end well. 

Everythnig happens for a reason,am sure that spez is better frame . Dude that bike deserves an mrp. Once you have a top end fork nothing else will do. That's why I am about to put an mrp on my trigger ... Is your frame light? Is that the xl that much bigger than a normal large.

I know that spez is a better frame.

the frame weighs 2.8kg with the shock

Lapierre Carbon Zesty 527 needs to find some dirt..

Where did you get the Lapierre from? If you don't mind me asking whats the cost?

Where did you get the Lapierre from? If you don't mind me asking whats the cost?

I believe good 2 go is the distributor for Lappiere

What wheelset is on the 527? Still don't understand why AM bikes are coming out with front derailleurs.

Also, what does the 527 weigh more or less?  Just thinking, I know it's carbon, but for the same price you can get a Pascoe with Spank wheels,XO1 drivetrain, Reverb stealth, MOnarch Plus Debonnair and Pike and then Guide RS brakes, and Kore cockpit.

What wheelset is on the 527? Still don't understand why AM bikes are coming out with front derailleurs.

Also, what does the 527 weigh more or less?  Just thinking, I know it's carbon, but for the same price you can get a Pascoe with Spank wheels,XO1 drivetrain, Reverb stealth, MOnarch Plus Debonnair and Pike and then Guide RS brakes, and Kore cockpit.

I loved the 2x10 on the way up Contermanskloof yesterday... 

Next year you'll probably see more bikes specced with 1x11 thanks to GX and new XT, but for now 2x10 is still a viable option. 

EDIT: Also - the 427 has reverb stealth, XT bits, what looks like a fox 34 (could be a 32, can't see) and a pretty decent biold kit - for 44k. Kit that out with a few more bling bits and you have something with a better spec for roundabout the same price... 

Add 10k for the Carbon... And you get Pike & monarch. 

IMO it's good pricing... Not Giant good, but still good. 

Edited by Renaissance Man