Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Check if it has sealed bearings, can't see any reference to it in the specs. Also make sure the bearings are available locally.

Are they  cheap enough to warrant not looking locally? As say a set of Spanks, etc....

The hubs have sealed bearings.

They are a cheap option for wide wheels at R2600

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is cheap yes!!! 

The way I see it is that the hubs are the priority, so check engagement pawls too.

But for that price you looking at used trance wheels so its a good deal. Just remember shipping and customs. Plus the weeks of waiting for the goods........

That is cheap yes!!! 

The way I see it is that the hubs are the priority, so check engagement pawls too.

But for that price you looking at used trance wheels so its a good deal. Just remember shipping and customs. Plus the weeks of waiting for the goods........

4 pawls with 24 engagement points / each 15°

The hubs have sealed bearings.

They are a cheap option for wide wheels at R2600

I think for that kind of money you cant really go wrong. The 6061 rims are probably a bit softer than the alloy used by Stans (6069) and Lyne (6067?) on their rims, but its not necessarily a huge problem. 

What do you guys consider to be the best alu Enduro rims available - I'm less worried about hubs, but would look at complete wheelsets? I have AC Smokin Gun's but want something that isn't quite as wide (anyone looking for 40mm wide 650B wheels?). The E13 TRS+ have always interested me but I don't know a lot about them.

What do you guys consider to be the best alu Enduro rims available - I'm less worried about hubs, but would look at complete wheelsets? I have AC Smokin Gun's but want something that isn't quite as wide (anyone looking for 40mm wide 650B wheels?). The E13 TRS+ have always interested me but I don't know a lot about them.

I think Stans Flows are superb but have no experience with the latest 29mm internal versions. The other good ones are DT - they make some decent heavy duty rims that DHWC riders seem to love, EX471's I think. 

I think Stans Flows are superb but have no experience with the latest 29mm internal versions. The other good ones are DT - they make some decent heavy duty rims that DHWC riders seem to love, EX471's I think. 

I've never been a big fan of Stans wheels - feels a bit like the VW Polo of the cycling world (reasonably priced, they work relatively well, and everyone has them).

So far I'm considering

Hope Tech Enduro

E13 TRS+

DT Swiss EX 471 (sound good but look like they might be a challenge to find)

I am currently running sun ringle inferno, pretty decent so far. Friend of mine is on the MTX and he really abuses them or rather he really puts them to test. Pretty solid rims imho. 

New Nukeproof Horizon at CRC also well princed and good reviews .... thinking of getting there rims to upgrade dt spline 7000 22mm. 28h wheels

I run the E13 TRS+ rims, got them from Trailhead about 18months ago. Pretty solid rims, very good value for money. They are still going strong. You cannot go wrong with them, you might find it difficult to find stock in SA at the moment though.