Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

i was just on the buy/sell part of pinkbike

all im saying is that there is plenty to drool over, and that there is a "will ship globally" box that sellers can tick, and some of them did  :drool:

Merican's think that shipping globally is sending as far as Canada!

youre probably right.

didnt think that through, although there are some in europe, but the selection is a lot smaller

I have purchased a frame off Pinkbike. European sellers are probably a safer bet in that they A. know something about the rest of the world's geography, and B. will not charge as much for shipping.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my ride..DB Inline is 3 rides old, and so far everything and more its made to be

You had to rub that in our faces,LOL

Haha, that wasn't the intension.

To be honest the bike rode quite shitty with the original Fox RP23, it felt very harsh on rocky stuff, had it serviced and made sure it was the correct tune etc, all to no avail. But with the new DB it is now finally riding as I would expect such a top end bike to ride. The DB allows me to ride with very little high speed compression damping ( I always felt the RP23 had too much high speed comp damping)

The climb switch works very well for me, its not a solid lock out, but really only prevents that wallowing thats typical if you ride a bike with 30% sag up steep climbs when your weight is over the rear

YT Industries Capra

Hoped onto this bad girl on Wednesday and this bike just feels so good.

Many happy miles on her YetiDJ, you've made me well jealous!. 

What happened?

The frame is a frame that Greg Min used to do the Mega Avalanche some years back.

Spoke to MW, they were willing to sell me the frame.

They were supposed to check all the geo to make sure it was legit

Frame eventually arrives, I build it up and when under compression (Not even full compression and running at 25% sag) the rear wheel rams into the seat tube.

Tyre is nice a bald 26" Saguaro.

Send the frame back to MW to check out

They take nearly two weeks ... got to keep bugging them

Turns out that frame would need a 216mm eye to eye rear can .... they have one for an additional 4K for me .... I decline as I don't have 4K lying around for another rear can

They would have then investigated using offset bushes (as per a monday conversation) to compensate for the longer eye to eye ....

Get a Whatsapp message today stating "I have a feeling that we are never going to be able satisfy ur expectations of this frame without changing the shock. I have therefore taken a decision to rather refund you. Please email me ur bank details so I can send for processing." 

So now I start from scratch again and am just really really pissed off

The frame is a frame that Greg Min used to do the Mega Avalanche some years back.

Frame eventually arrives, I build it up and when under compression (Not even full compression and running at 25% sag) the rear wheel rams into the seat tube.

Turns out that frame would need a 216mm eye to eye rear can .... they have one for an additional 4K for me .... I decline as I don't have 4K lying around for another rear can

They would have then investigated using offset bushes (as per a monday conversation) to compensate for the longer eye to eye ....

Get a Whatsapp message today stating "I have a feeling that we are never going to be able satisfy ur expectations of this frame without changing the shock. I have therefore taken a decision to rather refund you. Please email me ur bank details so I can send for processing." 

That is bad style.  You should not be paying for their school fees.  They must give the suitable shock free of charge.  This is the type of thing that happens if you do not have ISO 9001 quality management system in place as a bare minimum.  They will learn the hard way.

Bummer dude. Maybe time to start thinking about something a bit different. There's a medium 29'r Tracer hanging in Recycles. Just saying....

That is bad style.  You should not be paying for their school fees.  They must give the suitable shock free of charge.  This is the type of thing that happens if you do not have ISO 9001 quality management system in place as a bare minimum.  They will learn the hard way.

Part of the problem I think is that they just assumed the rear can was the same on this frame as all the other Mbuzi frames.

Calming down a bit now, but just so dissapointed as I was really very excited to eventually own a Mbuzi

If I had to get a new Enduro ride this would be it. Niner ROS9, 140mm travel, and more than enough for SA enduros, and suitable for xcm and xco as well. No jokes:

ROS9_2_960x540.jpg

ROS9_7_960x540.jpg

Archived