Your Enduro ride

Robodog

The 2014 650B Spicy and Zesty use the same frame and the only difference in geometry is because of the different fork length. Top tube, chainstays rear travel etc are identical. The older model Spicy and Zesty had different geometry.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2014 650B Spicy and Zesty use the same frame and the only difference in geometry is because of the different fork length. Top tube, chainstays rear travel etc are identical. The older model Spicy and Zesty had different geometry.

Oh, the website just shows geo difference then I guess. Also weird that they don't call them both Spicy or Zesty if only the components differ.

Oh, the website just shows geo difference then I guess. Also weird that they don't call them both Spicy or Zesty if only the components differ.

Top tube and the rest of the front triangle looks the same on their website. Chain stays are different. Makes sense... Longer chain stays will pull the front of the front triangle up to increase the head angle, to accommodate a longer fork and increase travel, I think.

Top tube and the rest of the front triangle looks the same on their website. Chain stays are different. Makes sense... Longer chain stays will pull the front of the front triangle up to increase the head angle, to accommodate a longer fork and increase travel, I think.

Nope. Chain stay length is independent of top tube length and head angle.

All the longer fork will do is make the ht slacker and shorten the effective top tube. But not by much at all.

Chain stay length will remain constant unless the bb drop is off the charts.

Nope. Chain stay length is independent of top tube length and head angle.

All the longer fork will do is make the ht slacker and shorten the effective top tube. But not by much at all.

Chain stay length will remain constant unless the bb drop is off the charts.

This is what I see on the Lapierre website. Chain stays are longer on the one, but the seat stays and the front triangle stays the same. A longer chain stay will pull the seat stay further back and this will in turn pull the whole front triangle slightly upward. This will then make it a better fit for the longer travel fork. Not right?

Edited by Quantum Theory

Chain stays are the same - 430mm on a large frame.

TT length is 625 vs 628. 0.3 of a mm difference. Couldn't pick that up when we measured the two bikes ourselves.

Only difference was the 150mm 32 fork vs the 160mm 34.

Chain stays are the same - 430mm on a large frame.

TT length is 625 vs 628. 0.3 of a mm difference. Couldn't pick that up when we measured the two bikes ourselves.

Only difference was the 150mm 32 fork vs the 160mm 34.

Zesty 527

post-23303-0-47614200-1409510042_thumb.jpg

Spicy 527

post-23303-0-03482900-1409510080_thumb.jpg

if you didnt get a french bike you wanted, you have 2 choices

an expensive one, or a cheap one

buy the citroen tricycle or whatever it is you actually wanted.

convince yourself that you wouldnt be able to tell the difference in a way that matters anyway and then go look for a beer.

and for the bonus point (3)

start a wheelsize arguement.

Edited by mada3400

Don't know where those figures are from but on www.lapierrebicycles.com the chainstay lengths on the Spicy and Zesty are the same. Did not mean to start a debate around it. Bottom line is that I'm having fun on the bike and that is all that matters.

Those come from the Lapierre website... Also, not starting a debate at all. I'm just relaying what I see on their website, after reading the initial discussion here. I think the difference will not be that noticeable anyway. It's only 5mm on CS and 0.3 degrees difference on the HA.

Those come from the Lapierre website... Also, not starting a debate at all. I'm just relaying what I see on their website, after reading the initial discussion here. I think the difference will not be that noticeable anyway. It's only 5mm on CS and 0.3 degrees difference on the HA.

No it's not. It's nothing on the chainstays (identical) and 0.5deg on the head angle and seat tube angle, with a 4mm difference in BB drop. All of those figures are as a result of the longer fork. The only thing that changes slightly is the stack height and the reach. The Top Tube measures are identical in all but the Large, and I reckon that is a mistake (625 vs 628) as some of the other measurements are a bit funky - citing inches instead of mm, putting commas and periods in the wrong place etc.

For all intents and purposes - it's the same bike. Much like the Trance & Trance SX. Exactly the same frame, just a longer fork.

Instead of going to the lapierre UK site, rather go to the ACTUAL Lapierre site. As in www.Lapierrebicycles.com

You'll find that I am, in fact, right. As are all the others looking at the official Lapierre site. It seems as if the UK site has different measurements on there, for some reason, though given the relationship between the UK and France, it may be a deliberate misunderstanding. That, or someone's stuffed up. Properly

• http://www.bikemastertool.com/media/bikes/3041/xlarge/zesty-am-527.jpg?1391477069

post-3056-0-23833300-1409601413_thumb.png

• http://www.bikemastertool.com/media/bikes/3048/xlarge/spicy-527.jpg?1386124304

post-3056-0-02745200-1409601458_thumb.png

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem