Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Treated myself to this, this morning:) will post pics up later when it arrives and on my bike

RockShox Lyrik RC2L 2-Step Air - Maxle Lite FR 20mm

http://www.buycycle.co.za/images/detailed/2/3_RRockShox_Lyrik_RC2L_White.jpg

An awesome fork. I have the coil version on my El Guapo.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice - now some clip pedals ...

Oh and grab and old tube and cut it up and wrap it around your chain stay ... it will save the carbon from chain slap

Ccclips!?! You can't make me! Haha. Na I'm more comfortable riding new stuff with flats

Thanks for the tube info. I have to do that ASAP

Thanks bro

Was looking for something like this for a while and to be able to afford a new one at last!

Haven't been overly satisfied with rockshox in the past, ( Had Revelations, The old Judy, SID, Boxxer) but at this price I decided to give them another go.

Have a lyrik on my mbuzi (converted to 170mm ,and coil) and very happy with it. using the hard spring . Paid double your price thou.

I have heard people say that the DHX handles the bigger drops better than let's say a normal Fox RL/ RP 23

My trance with RP23 feels plusher compared to the shova / dhx.

I have to inflate the DHX that I get about 20% sag only otherwise it bottoms out.

It does have a very linear feel to it. i've considered to try the FOX spacers to make the air can smaller to give it a more progressive feel.

Your experience with it?

Have the DHX 4 on my Mbuzi and I think the linear feel is something you get to like about the shock.Since I am only doing relatively small drops and jumps its ok.

Have noticed it does go through a lot of travel though.

I have heard people say that the DHX handles the bigger drops better than let's say a normal Fox RL/ RP 23

My trance with RP23 feels plusher compared to the shova / dhx.

I have to inflate the DHX that I get about 20% sag only otherwise it bottoms out.

It does have a very linear feel to it. i've considered to try the FOX spacers to make the air can smaller to give it a more progressive feel.

Your experience with it?

which DHX rear can do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

So the PYGA got pushed to 140mm fork and took at friend to the recent Cascades Enduro...

post-12909-0-07395200-1375258751_thumb.jpg

post-12909-0-23285900-1375258758_thumb.jpg

So the PYGA got pushed to 140mm fork and took at friend to the recent Cascades Enduro...

post-12909-0-07395200-1375258751_thumb.jpg

post-12909-0-23285900-1375258758_thumb.jpg

You have too much money many bikes

My mate has too much money (he has the Bronson)....

...I might still have too many bikes

Fixed.

Very cool Bronson.

You got enough gears on there to get up the hills ?

34 up front. My buddy didn't 'enjoy' the climbing but the managed. The runs were worth it.

Riding Cascades as our backyard, you get used to the climbing.

34 up front. My buddy didn't 'enjoy' the climbing but the managed. The runs were worth it.

Riding Cascades as our backyard, you get used to the climbing.

Yeah, I think that 1 x 11 was designed for Bike Parks with Ski lifts. I would love to run it on my bike for the simplicity, but I have spaghetti legs, so I would never cope with the climbs.

Yeah, I think that 1 x 11 was designed for Bike Parks with Ski lifts. I would love to run it on my bike for the simplicity, but I have spaghetti legs, so I would never cope with the climbs.

Have a good look at the ratios. With the 42T cassette it's not that bad.

I've ridden a 34T XX1 setup on a 650B PYGA in Cascades and coped just fine.

Running 1x10 36T - 11/36 on my XC Niner and its great.

About to change the PYGA to 1x10 34T 11/36.

Evobikes have started bringing in a interesting item recently which converts a 11/36 SRAM cassette to 40T (replacement sprockets for the upper section of the cassette). This gets you many easier ratios on a 1x10 setup, closer to the XX1.

To those guys running clutch derailuers how you finding them. Mine is utter rubbish worst upgrade ever!

To those guys running clutch derailuers how you finding them. Mine is utter rubbish worst upgrade ever!

Fitted one to my PYGA. Rode with it properly in this weekends Enduro. works great. Less clatter and hardly noticed a difference in shifting.

Which one are you running?

I'm running the Saint and I find it works pretty darn well

Archived