• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dirkieuys

Less posing, more going...

post-1575-0-96826900-1369664961_thumb.jpg

That track is where it all started for me, especially the littel gap coming around the next left, and then into that right hand berm. Lekker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally finished putting her back together, just gotta get round to installing the dropper. Rode close to 50km yesterday and I can confirm this bike descends like a beast and stable with minimum pedal bob on the climbs back up. I'm stoked :devil:

How did the rear suspension feel?

How did the rear suspension feel?

Bottomless with 20% sag. The route we rode had more than 500m vertical descent in it on rough twisty single track. It is still early days but I must be honest and state that I don't think I could have descended any faster even if I was on a full blown dh bike.

On the climb back out the other side the bike handled superbly and was well mannered with absolute minimal pedal bob even with the pro-pedal off

Finally finished putting her back together, just gotta get round to installing the dropper. Rode close to 50km yesterday and I can confirm this bike descends like a beast and stable with minimum pedal bob on the climbs back up. I'm stoked :devil:

Bottomless with 20% sag. The route we rode had more than 500m vertical descent in it on rough twisty single track. It is still early days but I must be honest and state that I don't think I could have descended any faster even if I was on a full blown dh bike.

On the climb back out the other side the bike handled superbly and was well mannered with absolute minimal pedal bob even with the pro-pedal off

So what you're saying is I should have taken the plunge and got one of these (Meta SX) when I had the chance...

http://www.bikeactive.com/Files/75028/Img/19/meta-sx1-vip-prop-big.jpg

Good to hear cause I saw a write up that hinted that the Fox RL of the AM 3 didn't do justice to the 150mm travel....would love to hear better news as the price for this machine is reaaaal good and tempting!

Good to hear cause I saw a write up that hinted that the Fox RL of the AM 3 didn't do justice to the 150mm travel....would love to hear better news as the price for this machine is reaaaal good and tempting!

A friend of mine bought the AM3 as a frameset and LOVES it. Not sure which shock he has in the back though.

If I had to get a new bike now, this would be high on my list.

So what you're saying is I should have taken the plunge and got one of these (Meta SX) when I had the chance...

http://www.bikeactive.com/Files/75028/Img/19/meta-sx1-vip-prop-big.jpg

Yes you should have and the SX has 160mm of travel and apparantly an absolute joy to ride

Yup I read that as well hence why I got the Meta 2.

Edited by missionS

Yes you should have and the SX has 160mm of travel and apparantly an absolute joy to ride

probikeshop had the SX frame on sale for EUR 800 excl. rear shock.

Unfortunately there were too many compatibility issues for a straight over build from the intense.

• fork
  • headset
  • rear shock
  • BB
  • rear wheel.

Otherwise I would have done it in a heart beat!

probikeshop had the SX frame on sale for EUR 800 excl. rear shock.

Unfortunately there were too many compatibility issues for a straight over build from the intense.

• fork
  • headset
  • rear shock
  • BB
  • rear wheel.

Otherwise I would have done it in a heart beat!

Since when has a couple of compatiblity issues ever stopped you from dropping dosh on another bike? :whistling:

Yup I read that as well hence why I got the Meta 2.

Local or Import?

Local or Import?

Picked it up when I was in SA for business :whistling:

Currently the local supplier is having a blowout sale on the 2012 models so these are going for cheap cheap :thumbup:

Where in gauteng would I be able find a fairly priced, strong 60mm stem?

Like the Truvativ Hussefelt.

hmmm... possibly Mike's Bikes.

Or anywhere that does Loaded or Nuke Proof. International Trade is even more likely to have, but it will be Hope, so price will be considerably more than a Hussefelt.

Thx.

Mike's Bikes only has 80mm

Will check out the Loaded ones

International Trade also does FSA and I'm sure there must be a Gravity stem in 60mm.

Alternatively I think Rav-X does a 60/65mm stem. It's a cheapie and should be available at most bike shops