Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Do you mean the cable housing and thereby the cable length? then yes. Otherwise you may having explain what you mean

Nope I mean cage length. Long/medium/short cage rear derailleurs. The length of the actual derailleur.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man! Nice bike! Which handle bars are those?

Thanks bro. On One riser bars ;)

About time you gave her a proper fork! :thumbup:

Haha yeah the Recon silver was not doing the bike justice!

Think he means the short, medium and long cage lengths. Short recommended when going to a 1x10 setup.

Yip! I have a 2x10 set up with a long cage RD on my AM bike. It just seems far to low to the ground and has tons of "chain slap". My thinking is that a shorter cage would reduce but obviously not eliminate? First prize would be a clutch RD but I don't have the cash so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

Nope I mean cage length. Long/medium/short cage rear derailleurs. The length of the actual derailleur.

Ooops, misread that!!

Yip! I have a 2x10 set up with a long cage RD on my AM bike. It just seems far to low to the ground and has tons of "chain slap". My thinking is that a shorter cage would reduce but obviously not eliminate? First prize would be a clutch RD but I don't have the cash so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

Jip I'm in the same boat, I have a long cage X7 RD and am thinking I'll have to hold off on the NW chainring until I have the bucks to get the chainring and X9 clutch derailleur.

Jip I'm in the same boat, I have a long cage X7 RD and am thinking I'll have to hold off on the NW chainring until I have the bucks to get the chainring and X9 clutch derailleur.

I have seen that one can buy spare RD cages which got me thinking, besides for cage length what is the difference between long and short cage RD's and can I just buy a replacement short cage and use it to replace the existing long cage...

My do it all girl.

Changes since picture: More scratches and mud.

post-26137-0-29454900-1380192294_thumb.jpg

Oh my word! HE is still alive!

How is your "Gina replacement" treating you?

I have seen that one can buy spare RD cages which got me thinking, besides for cage length what is the difference between long and short cage RD's and can I just buy a replacement short cage and use it to replace the existing long cage...

Will sit patiently and wait for the more informed members to confirm this and then do just that, maybe.....

Oh my word! HE is still alive!

How is your "Gina replacement" treating you?

She's recently added another trans and sub 4 karoo2coast to her name. She's also developed an unhealthy liking for the zuurberg trails. So she keeps me busy :)

Will sit patiently and wait for the more informed members to confirm this and then do just that, maybe.....

Depends on the RD.

I know one could do it with the 9sp X0 RD's. But a replacement cage was nearly as much as a whole new mech.

I see there are now Deore 10sp clutch RD's (in long and medium cage) on CRC for the budget conscious

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/shimano-deore-m615-shadow-10-speed-rear-mech/rp-prod108793

She's recently added another trans and sub 4 karoo2coast to her name. She's also developed an unhealthy liking for the zuurberg trails. So she keeps me busy :)

Sub 4hr K2C on a Shova :clap:

Sub 4hr K2C on a Shova :clap:

Maybe Conna must share with you his Trans time from last year.... this man makes all bikes quiver when he comes near. :D