Your Enduro ride

Robodog

I hope this Sramano thing works cos the posti just delivered my shimano derailleur.

Yeah it definitely works. Had it running on the Makulu for a while with no real issue. The clutch definitely works well and the bike ran extremely quiet which was cool. That said, even with the 6mm spacer, my shifting was always a touch off on the upper limits and I found it to be quite finickey so it required fairly regular tweaks at the barrel adjuster. I've ultimately gone back to my 'regular' SRAM X9 RD and the shifting is just way smoother.

The 10spd ZEE system is moving over to my Ndiza. :devil:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So pardon my ignorance ... I can use my 9spd SRAM XO shifter on a 10spd Shimano clutch type rear der (using the spacer) and then I can run a better 1 x 9sp setup until I get a 10spd shifter and cassette with chain at a give away price?

Yes

So pardon my ignorance ... I can use my 9spd SRAM XO shifter on a 10spd Shimano clutch type rear der (using the spacer) and then I can run a better 1 x 9sp setup until I get a 10spd shifter and cassette with chain at a give away price?

Yes you can.

Guest Omega Man

Yeah it definitely works. Had it running on the Makulu for a while with no real issue. The clutch definitely works well and the bike ran extremely quiet which was cool. That said, even with the 6mm spacer, my shifting was always a touch off on the upper limits and I found it to be quite finickey so it required fairly regular tweaks at the barrel adjuster. I've ultimately gone back to my 'regular' SRAM X9 RD and the shifting is just way smoother.

M. Ok cool. Well I'll keep the Sram guy in the spares box just in case then. It's not like my bike is noisy anyway.

Edited by Omega Man

Never had any problems with my shifting at all

Guest Omega Man

Do you leave the clutch on permanently? Sorry for my ignorance here.

Yes, and was running a 2 x 9 setup.(reminder to myself to now put it on the other bike)

Only really need to take the clutch off to remove the rear wheel. by possibly good practice to take it off when not using the bike. (saving the clutch mechanism and all that)

I never had any major problems but it was never perfect. I ran it for a good couple of races & Master & it held up fine, it just wasn't perfect.

I left the clutch on permanently. Only turned it off when putting a wheel on or taking it off. Also, just double check your B-screw setting as I managed to crush my clutch switch during one of my runs and I reckon it's from the derailleur being too close to the frame.

Yes, and was running a 2 x 9 setup.(reminder to myself to now put it on the other bike)

Only really need to take the clutch off to remove the rear wheel. by possibly good practice to take it off when not using the bike. (saving the clutch mechanism and all that)

someone 'yanking your chain' when the bike isnt in use?

Sorry for the Hi-jack but since you guys are on the deraileur topic :whistling:

Can one simply take a Sram Xo RD and change the cage length?

Hey guys, here is my baby. She's an Intense 5.5 :D Have made a ton of changes! I've included 2 pics from way back when and then the rest are all new stuff I've bought :D

She rides like a beast, especially with that short stem. My ex stem was a GAP 115mm lol.

Hey man! Nice bike! Which handle bars are those?

Hey guys, here is my baby. She's an Intense 5.5 :D Have made a ton of changes! I've included 2 pics from way back when and then the rest are all new stuff I've bought :D

She rides like a beast, especially with that short stem. My ex stem was a GAP 115mm lol.

About time you gave her a proper fork! :thumbup:

Sorry for the Hi-jack but since you guys are on the deraileur topic :whistling:

Can one simply take a Sram Xo RD and change the cage length?

Do you mean the cable housing and thereby the cable length? then yes. Otherwise you may having explain what you mean

Do you mean the cable housing and thereby the cable length? then yes. Otherwise you may having explain what you mean

Think he means the short, medium and long cage lengths. Short recommended when going to a 1x10 setup.