The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

RE Quintana

To debut in the TdF.

At 23.

And be such a protagonist.

Very special.

Hope to see more of this pure climber.

Can he be shaped into a contender for yellow in the future. Why not? He's got the engine.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my first reaction when their tour team was announced, but on thinking about it I think its more because the team had to throw weight behind Wiggo as an equal priority to Froome's tour ambitions. He had a very full program leading into the Giro as well so sure they didn't want to bring him in fatigued.

Their attitude to him leaving will more likely be reflected by whether he makes the Vuelta team or not (and in what role). All things equal, he should probabaly lead Sky there...

Although a fatiqued Uran would still be better than some of their current domestiques.

RE Quintana

To debut in the TdF.

At 23.

Very special.

Can he be shaped into a contender for yellow in the future. Why not? He's got the engine.

Indeed!

Although a fatiqued Uran would still be better than some of their current domestiques.

that is true! they have under-performed. Have to say I am not sorry about this - high time the skyborg myth is dispelled.

I agree that Sky's tactics weren't great on Saturday - mainly in that the plan probably foresaw that their climbers would all be firing on all cylinders. However with only Kennaugh and Porte coming to the party they should have re-assessed. That said, perhaps Movistar should take more credit for Saturday (as well as Sunday) since Quintana's early attack forced Sky to go much harder earlier on the HC climb than they probably would otherwise have done... Without that attack, its likely Kennaugh would have released Porte with only about 3km to go which is more the standard Sky formula.

I disagree on tactics wrt the yellow jersey though. I don't think that Armstrong or anyone else would give away a 1m30 advantage after the Pyrenees. With the individual TT just 1 stage away why wouldn't Froome want what is likely to be a 2minute+ buffer before getting to the Alps! Sky should be able to rely on OPQ, Lotto and Cannendale to control much of the racing on the flat stages until they get to the Alps on Saturday.

No sure, which is why I say they will try keep it now, what I meant was LA would have waited a bit, maybe until the TT to take the jersey, or even later until Sat / Sun.

RE Quintana

To debut in the TdF.

At 23.

Very special.

Yup. Here's a 1 July article that still reads very true on 8 July...

http://theclassical.org/articles/nairo-or-the-tour-de-france-gets-its-russell-westbrook

That most recent victory is perhaps most indicative of his scorched-earth abilities, in that the field he beat included Henao, Porte, Contador, and teammate Rui Costa. He isn’t likely to lead his team at this year’s tour, but the biggest race of them all isn’t immune to unravelling and disorder. Quintana and Costa will nominally be in charge of looking after the 33-year-old Alejandro Valverde. But should he lose any time before the mountains, the two young guns will be let loose. And we should hope this happens. For all we know about all these racers, there is one thing great, fascinating unknown attached to Quintana. It’s this: nobody really knows how good he can be.

No sure, which is why I say they will try keep it now, what I meant was LA would have waited a bit, maybe until the TT to take the jersey, or even later until Sat / Sun.

The nature of the previous TDF's have been very different

Same format year after year.....this one is very different and the teams have to adapt.He had no choice but to go for it on Sat.

He is a bit of a parmantige hoender and human and was waiting to rub everyones face in it.I knew it was coming after that mock charge the day before I think it was

There are speculations that Sagan will be sculpted into a GC contender.

His coach believes it's possible.

Lose some bulk. Minimise the power loss.

BOOM!!!!

I think we shouldn't say Lance tactics but rather Bruyneel tactics.

I'm quite sure Quintana will be white jersey, undecided if he will ever be grand tour winner but we will surely know in 2 weeks time.

I hate rest days :cursing:

Hmm, I cant bring myself to even type the name B................L :) - personally I think the man is a dinosaur and the sport will be better off without him.

...but that said, I dont believe LA would have just followed along like a lamb either, he is far too clever for that, I think he would most certainly have had a say in the race tactics, and would have certainly called the shots on the road if things started going pear shaped.

As for Quintana, right now he is "White" hot :lol: - BUT yeah, lets see next year, there have been many one season wonders, Rujano been a good example in point, but only the test of time will tell if he can stick it out, if he does, I think he will almost certainly be a serious challenger for the big tours.

The nature of the previous TDF's have been very different

Same format year after year.....this one is very different and the teams have to adapt.He had no choice but to go for it on Sat.

He is a bit of a parmantige hoender and human and was waiting to rub everyones face in it.I knew it was coming after that mock charge the day before I think it was

:lol: :lol: - Ha, Ha, Parmantige Hoender - thats classic, where you dig that one up.? :lol:

:lol: :lol: - Ha, Ha, Parmantige Hoender - thats classic, where you dig that one up.? :lol:

Cocky :thumbup:

Think Bantam

All I know is its going to be boring this evening without my recording for the day

Yeah, was thinking the same, its strange how all of a sudden I am bored if the tour / Giro / Vuelta etc isnt on, under normal circumstances I read or do something else, but now I sort of feel like I am in limbo.

Yeah, was thinking the same, its strange how all of a sudden I am bored if the tour / Giro / Vuelta etc isnt on, under normal circumstances I read or do something else, but now I sort of feel like I am in limbo.

My HD PVR earns its keep I tell you

Not sure about movies etc but the sport is amazing.Just check this last weekend all in HD.Lion,Wimbledon ,F1 and TDF

Worth every cent