The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Some valid points - except who really believes Contador will be exceptional in the third week? I can't see it.

Can't see him challenging he's just too slow.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like to think Chris is clean and will give him the benefit of the doubt as he has given me no reason to think otherwise... Is he clean? Only he knows for sure.

So you believe his tainted beef story? Like I said earlier, each to his own opinion...

It would be incredibly naive of anyone watching the Tour currently to not do so with some scepticism? Doping is engrained in the sport and it's history and is not going to go away overnight.

Dude, your brain is really shut down today.

I don't believe the tainted beef story, I have always said he was using it as a BS excuse.

I am saying his poor performance of late is not because he is now clean, the dude is getting old.

Guys can call me a poephol / ostrich / ignorant, in my books froome is clean. Its moer unfair to taint his achievements because of other peoples mistakes. Go dawg!

Vive le tour

So you believe his tainted beef story? Like I said earlier, each to his own opinion...

It would be incredibly naive of anyone watching the Tour currently to not do so with some scepticism? Doping is engrained in the sport and it's history and is not going to go away overnight.

I actually agree in some respect with both of these posts.

Yes I do believe that the sport is the cleanest it has been in many many years, HOWEVER, I have no doubt than most, if not all of the top guys are "pushing the limits". Infact a friend of mine rides for MTN Quebeka and those were his exact words.

Something else to consider is that what might be borderline legal now will be considered a drug in years to come. I have no doubt that the money being spent to develop these "limit pushing" supplements is far more than that UCI and co are spending to identify and ban these substances. It's a game of catchup for the anti drug and cycling agencies.

So how to you really define doping?

It does not even cross my mind....I enjoy the racing and the spectacle.Makes for far more enjoyable viewing I can assure you

I promise I enjoy the racing, the spectacle, all of it... This is my favourite month of the year and trust me I say this as a lover of all sports (except effin Cricket and Yankee stuff)

It must be *** for Chris to have to deal with this, and answer these questions, but the pressure has to be there - else the sport will just slip back into it's old ways. That pressure is in my opinion the reason he is winning this race and that so many riders are no longer near their past racing levels. The battle is slowly being won :thumbup:

Soon, maybe we will be able to watch with zero skepticism - we can only hope...

I don't believe the tainted beef story, I have always said he was using it as a BS excuse.

I am saying his poor performance of late is not because he is now clean, the dude is getting old.

He is 30, considered absolute prime age for a stage racer?

He is 30, considered absolute prime age for a stage racer?

If he didn't leave the racing circuit for a bit, yes.

Can't believe that I actually agree with you :ph34r:

One can't stay competitive for ever.

Bleh enough with the doping already...

Whos in breakaway?

MORI M.

FLECHA GIANNONI J.

GAVAZZI F.

DELAPLACE A.

SICARD R.

Smallest time gap to Froome is 49:59

Worry about the doping if it happens. Not before. Its their loss, not ours if they do.

I feel like more people are concerned with the negative. Just enjoy it for what it is, sport. Dont make a scandal before there is one.

Thanks for the Boep insight! Must be some big lungs!!

If either of the above were correct, i hope Froome shares with Contador, would love to see them battle in the Pyrenees.... :ph34r: