IM70.3 SA 2014

Milkworx

Interesting article

I wonder how Miami has a 41 min avg swim and a 2h20 run when it is flat? maybe the humidity?

Dunno about Miami.....but I can vouch for the humidity factor...running in Mauritius before Xmas was hard.. :whistling:

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a bit of FOMO here! Good luck to everyone doing the event, it is an absolute blast. I will be doing just the bike leg in a very relaxed team so lots of beer drinking on the cards and soaking up the atmosphere.

Ja, getting nervous myself :) This is my second one, so hoping for an improvement over last year. Aiming for a sub 6:00, but realistically probably a 6:15.

In contrast to last year, my swim and run are both looking good and my bike is looking a bit worrying. Also need to try and lose 2-3kg in the next 2 weeks.

Will be doing 2 hard weeks and an easy taper for the last week.

Race targets for me:

Swim: 0:35

Bike: 3:00

Run: 2:10

T1 + T2: 0:10

Time has snuck up quickly but the great riding conditions around CPT this holiday have really made those long rides enjoyable so also looking to sharpen up over the next two weeks

Swim 30mins

Bike 3h15

Run 2h10

Ill be very happy with under 6h15 but more importantly that Im not feel completely done as this is more of stepping stone for me and a race to gauge where im at and what time I should work towards for IM

Anybody driving up from Cape Town that has a spot to give me a lift? Preferably going up the Friday and returning the Monday. I'm not racing anymore, but still have my accommodation and leave approved so figured why not go check it out...

Alternatively, I can also drive up and can take up to three bikes on my car.

I did Jailbreak in December so my fitness was close to what could be expected in EL. Took some recovery time, three weeks for getting up to the biggest volume week as per pre- Jailbreak (with exclusively running on Chappies), and since yesterday it's shorter interval training. Hope it will be enough...

As a novice I'm pretty unsure of what to expect between races. After EL, I am thinking of doing Midmar. It's only five weeks between the two. With a week off, another for recovery and one for tapering, that leaves two weeks of doing something about ability.

What would you suggest? Speed only with one long session in each discipline? Would five weeks with only one long session in each impact endurance?

I did Jailbreak in December so my fitness was close to what could be expected in EL. Took some recovery time, three weeks for getting up to the biggest volume week as per pre- Jailbreak (with exclusively running on Chappies), and since yesterday it's shorter interval training. Hope it will be enough...

As a novice I'm pretty unsure of what to expect between races. After EL, I am thinking of doing Midmar. It's only five weeks between the two. With a week off, another for recovery and one for tapering, that leaves two weeks of doing something about ability.

What would you suggest? Speed only with one long session in each discipline? Would five weeks with only one long session in each impact endurance?

Since you are in Noordhoek ( same as us) I suggest you pop in for a chat. You can get our details from our website.

www.dinamic-coaching.com

Since you are in Noordhoek ( same as us) I suggest you pop in for a chat. You can get our details from our website.

www.dinamic-coaching.com

Thanks. Yeah, I live just around the corner from you and have known about your services for some time. I was thinking of popping in after the next two races to see about an off season plan...

Another rookie-ish question for you legends.

I'm arriving on the Thursday and leaving on the Monday after race day.

For those who do similar : on the days leading up to the event, do you have your own breakfast, lunch and dinners prepared, or do you risk hotel (if applicable) / restaurant food?

Much thanks,

B.

For those who do similar : on the days leading up to the event, do you have your own breakfast, lunch and dinners prepared, or do you risk hotel (if applicable) / restaurant food?

Much thanks,

B.

First time 70.3 for me but I'm definitely taking my race day breakfast down with me.

Everything else I'll risk....but not breakfast on sunday morning.

Obviously I wont be too adventurous in what I eat at restaurants while i'm there

First time 70.3 for me but I'm definitely taking my race day breakfast down with me.

Everything else I'll risk....but not breakfast on sunday morning.

Obviously I wont be too adventurous in what I eat at restaurants while i'm there

Hehehe, yeah, the extra spicey biryani may not be the best idea the night 'fore the race. :D

Much thanks,

B.

Not sure if it was just me, but stick to bottled water if you have a sensitive stomach.

Thanks. Yeah, I live just around the corner from you and have known about your services for some time. I was thinking of popping in after the next two races to see about an off season plan...

No worries, when ever you want, however if you want to chat re your question of maintaining from Jailbreak, give us a call. No charge.

Had a bit of a hectic year past and was checking my bookings only to realise I did not book flights......Good start to the season genius!

Much thanks,

B.

Where are you staying? East London does not have many restaurants and they get really full service sucks and the quality of food as well. My advice is to get into a place early and get something simple- plain pasta ect.

The water to fine to drink in EL

Im fortunate that ill just stay at my folks place but will definitely be bringing my own coffee with me

Where are you staying? East London does not have many restaurants and they get really full service sucks and the quality of food as well. My advice is to get into a place early and get something simple- plain pasta ect.

The water to fine to drink in EL

Im fortunate that ill just stay at my folks place but will definitely be bringing my own coffee with me

Eat what u usually eat, I usually share and my mates eat the same way so we steam etc, but it is vital that you eat as close as possible to what u would eat at home.

What's the plan with regards to eating during the race? Sarmies or just sticking to bananas, Gu's and drink?

Archived