2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea - thing is you can't blame the riders - or even sky! The have a formula that works. The solution is to take away the biggest tool that they have (and I don't mean Pat mcQuaid) - the power meter...

Its like in F1 - traction control was banned so the drivers have to use their own skill to modulate the throttle. More human - more skill / judgement needed.

absolutely agree.

@richie_porte: Respect to garmin today.. Young team who honored the yellow jersey and gave it a good crack. Great fight by @RohanDennis #respect #Dauphine

@richie_porte: Respect to garmin today.. Young team who honored the yellow jersey and gave it a good crack. Great fight by @RohanDennis #respect #Dauphine

Very true. Very good to see!!

Very true. Very good to see!!

Ja Dennis was great - could see the pain on his face but he just wouldn't let Froome's wheel go until there was nothing left.

And Porte is one of the good guys.

Was thinking the same thing, remember the days when Berto attacked, got caught, attacked again and again until he broke the opposition?

Indeed, cant remember the year, but that tussle between himself and Rasmussen was a good example, he just accelerated away, rode tempo, accelerated away, rode tempo.............

That was great viewing, even if in hindsight its suspect. :whistling:

Ja, Europcar will definitely have a plan.

Unlike the damp squibs at Euskaltel. What a bunch of underachievers. Such potential talent there, but nothing ever happens - ever stage just going through the motions. I'd have more respect for them if they just tried something, I mean anything will do right now.

Europcar outshine them 10 to 1, and they're not even ranked as a UCI Pro Tour team. Not right.

Yeah, don know whats up with Euskaltel, they actually have some some very good riders as you mention, but they never appear to have a plan, its always a sort of "every man for himself" type scenario. Or at least thats the way I see it.

I hope Europcar gets away today, I hope Tommy gets into a break, I hope he animates the break and stays away and I hope he wins the stage :D - Tommy is a real character, always entertaining, always the opportunist, just makes dull days exciting.

Jack Russel Voeckler takes one for Europcar.

Is is true that their sponsorshop is running out at the end of the year?

Europcar again!!

What a race they're having, and it makes me so happy to see.

My boy Tommy takes the win - fully deserved. Woop Woop!

i know i will most probably not even get up those hills but here is something that has been bugging me for some time.everyone is tired when crossing the line.why is voekler the only guy who always looks like he is a ventreliquist with the pulling face?

He's French...

Stoked to see so many aussies clogging up the top 5! On'ya guys.

It's impressive...