Event Name: Fair Cape Dairies MTB Challenge
When: 30 November 2013
Where: Meerendal Wine Estate, Durbanville, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Entry Fees:

10km - Pre PPA R80 / Late PPA R100/ Pre non-PPA R120 / Late non-PPA R150

30km - Pre PPA R100 / Late PPA R150 / Pre non-PPA R150 / Late non-PPA R200

60km - Pre PPA R150 / Late PPA R200 / Pre non-PPA R200/ Late non-PPA R250

The route will be similar to the previous route followed in 2011 with a few exciting changes! The start venue has been changed to Meerendal Wine Estate.

After a short section of single track the field will be spread out as riders climb the well known Dorstberg. This is followed be a technical descent as used in the 2013 Epic, down into the quarry. Riders can look forward to a bit more climbing as they ascend the pristine single tracks of Hoogekraal. This is followed by farm roads and jeep tracks with a few possible river crossings. One last big climb awaits- the challenging Rondebossieberg. Once on top, riders can look forward to farm roads through the vineyards of Loch Lynn and Diemersdal and will then make their way back to Meerendal and a bit more single track before the finish awaits. Tired bodies can enjoy well deserved refreshments at Meerendal's well-known Farmers Market.

Starting Times:

60km @ 7:30am

30km @ 8am

10km @ 8:30am

Registration and Late entries

29 October 2013 at Chris Willemse Cycles, Durbanville from 12pm-5pm

On the day from 6am

Main Beneficiary

Huis Jabes, situated in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, provides a temporary home and shelter to victims of family violence for a period of time until they can function independently again. Since its establishment in 2010, Huis Jabes has managed to accommodate and assist more than 300 individuals.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved this race last year! Reasonable climbs (not enough to excite me tho), fast, flowing and in my back yard. Why so late this year?

• 5 months later...

Not having been there to ride - I'd have loved to do this one - but not the day before the Burger... :(

Origin of the trails stage race. And Burger on the Sunday. Why did you guys change the date. Most of us wont be able to make it, which is a pity.

• 2 weeks later...

Might do this , my concern is will it be a huge field, not keen on riding with masses of people

Its pretty much the last race of the year, so yeah I think there'll be quite a bit of folk. Also, with the huge amount of growth ito Mtb'ing in the area, everyone will want to support a local race. Its a PPA event, so batching will help a bit and the fact that first 4km' or so is flat, some time to pass a few before the first hill. But if you start in the A-C group you'll be fine.

here they are but there may be some changes

Thx Rapunzel! Looks like some fun coming this weekend! Weather looks great as well

Might do this , my concern is will it be a huge field, not keen on riding with masses of people

The Durbanville area races are always very well supported. Loads of people.

Such a pity it's on the day before the Burger, would have loved to do this race. :angry:

Agree 100%! I guess that makes me a roadie and not a true mtb'er :ph34r:

but I am a bit bleak about missing out on this one!