[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Big heads up to the Burger organisors, rout planners etc etc! You nailed it this year! Problem areas solved and a fantastic 60km route! Welldone welldone welldone!keep it up!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the guy that stopped and gave my friend and I some patches. 4 punctures later and I think he's learnt his lesson that he should go tubeless!

I assume those are provisional results and they are still going to adjust the results? Nice to see that I got a Top 10 finish for the 75km, :thumbup:

Only one slight issue - I actually did the 40km (downgraded my entry on Friday)

Was the first time I did one of the longer routes, enjoyed it a lot and very scenic. Only the one bottleneck on top of Helshoogte which wasnt too bad. I think this is a much nicer mass participation race than the Argus mtb. Was nice to go down Helshoogte for a change, so used to the upward slog in December version of the race. That final tunnel under the road also seemed to work better than in previous years now that they split the shorter distance and long distance riders.

Hope to do the 75 for real next year.

Does anyone know if the two guys with their rigid SS finished the 75km? crazy that they attempted this

Well I know one riding in old Mutual kit did.

I assume those are provisional results and they are still going to adjust the results? Nice to see that I got a Top 10 finish for the 75km, :thumbup:

Only one slight issue - I actually did the 40km (downgraded my entry on Friday)

Was the first time I did one of the longer routes, enjoyed it a lot and very scenic. Only the one bottleneck on top of Helshoogte which wasnt too bad. I think this is a much nicer mass participation race than the Argus mtb. Was nice to go down Helshoogte for a change, so used to the upward slog in December version of the race. That final tunnel under the road also seemed to work better than in previous years now that they split the shorter distance and long distance riders.

Hope to do the 75 for real next year.

+1 I did the 60km for the first time after previously doing the 42km for a number of years! Gees, I found it really really tough compared to the 42km, but the single track that you don't see on the 42km is sublime!!

What is the farm/area/name of that single track after the 60km turn off? I didn't see any trail markings at all. Is it open to the public?

Had an enjoyable day on the bike! Organizers really got the congestion right for such a big field! Well done to those involved!! Undertrained for the 60, but snuck in sub 4 for my first effort at this event! Great vibe out on the trials and so much single track that could be über awesome the other way round....

The singletrack on the 42 I would'nt describe it as awesome but better than the worst I've experienced .

Definately not my type of race to race , I'm happy to serve as support rider .

Thanks to the guy that stopped and gave my friend and I some patches. 4 punctures later and I think he's learnt his lesson that he should go tubeless!

Wish I knew that before!!! Walked from the top of stellenbosch berg because of my second flat tire....

Wish I knew that before!!! Walked from the top of stellenbosch berg because of my second flat tire....

What distance did you do ?

Last time i used patches was in 1984 on my Raleigh backpaddle bike with mud guards! I also was amazed to see the amount of people riding with "toe straps"(whatever u call them) and under the last bridge, seemed like everybody were servicing their bikes with all the bikes upside down!!!! All and all, they will c me again next year! O, and why dont they build a scaffold bridge at the end to sort out the problem?