Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

I was laughing, but it was that nervous laugh as I realised I remember all of that.

You forgot some classics off that list...:

Wolfenstein 3D

Hexen

Tribes

Duke Nukem (The original, not that thing that came out a couple years back)

Played some Wolfenstein 3D on a mates older brothers 486, watched Hexen being played, and had Duke Nukem 3D on my Pentium 100.

Good times.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played some Wolfenstein 3D on a mates older brothers 486, watched Hexen being played, and had Duke Nukem 3D on my Pentium 100.

Good times.

I remember playing Wolfenstein and a school friend couldn't grasp the idea and would try peek around corners, instead of moving the character. Damn I haven't thought about that in many years...

Many moons ago we used to play, Halflife 1, Unrealtournament, Counterstrike via LAN...........OK now you can stop Laughing.

It's super quiet at work now so we're all lanning some CS source here

I was laughing, but it was that nervous laugh as I realised I remember all of that.

You forgot some classics off that list...:

Wolfenstein 3D

Hexen

Tribes

Duke Nukem (The original, not that thing that came out a couple years back)

Duke Nukem 3D(dos based) got me into gaming.

We used to LAN Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty (the original. Before magic healing). I still love the opening tune of Medal of honor, I'd just sit in the main menu for a while before playing.

Got into gaming with whatever ran on our XT. Can't even remember the games... Alley Cat, some 4x4 game where you could bump into rocks to flip over mud, Montezuma's Revenge, Dig Dug. Possibly Bubble Bobble.

My first console was PS3 though, so I've missed out on a HUGE number of games.

Edited by HdB

Maniac Mansion on sale atm steam, R35

For the old school players :)

BTW

Prepaid gamer now also sell steam codes..for those who don't do the credit card thing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Many moons ago we used to play, Halflife 1, Unrealtournament, Counterstrike via LAN...........OK now you can stop Laughing.

Lol

Hubby and his friends used to all get together and play Boulder's Gate....they would spend more time trying to get everyone on the same network than playing.. man those days [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Counterstrike 1.6 is still the best CS game out there

they would spend more time trying to get everyone on the same network than playing=

...and there was always one person who couldn't connect and eventually you'd just say, "To hell with it, we'll tag team" and that person knew they were never going to get a turn...

Tbh the majority of the games you toppies are speaking of, I've only heard of - never seen or played. They're like relics of a forgotten past :lol:

So are we... :P

I'm only 35 and already a dinosaur...

How could I forget Prehistorik?! Ah, the good old days when four colours were amazing ;)

You're the first person to even know what I am talking about (even when showing it to somebody).