The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit.

Brand

Jinni I cannot take this any longer. Can someone please tell me what k.k stands for? I gather it is some sort of klap....

Kannot klap?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are implying that running in a busy road space that's reserved for vehicles/bicycles and against the flow of traffic despite it being illegal and dangerous for you and the other legal road users is perfectly reasonable in your mind?

I may have worded things a bit strongly in that last post and I don't wish ill on runners even if they choose to act like maniacs and run in the road against the traffic , it does grate me mightily though!!

I yield for pedestrians in mixed use areas no matter how unwilling they are to share the right of way, ie both move aside to allow each other through. I also go well out of my way to not block or impede runners running in the road against the traffic because I value my life and have yet to find a runner willing to drop his pace and make a compromise so we can both have safe passage. Runners in the road typically barrel forward regardless, kings of road, willing to play chicken all in - I'm not up for that thanks. I still find it ridiculous and inconsiderate, I've often found my self having to move into the path of speeding cars to avoid runners, don't quite understand why I should be happy to find myself in that bizarre position.

Excuse my ignorance chaps - but since when is it illegal to jog on the side of the road. We have always been taught to run (and walk) facing oncoming traffic??

Still no idea what this means

"The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit"

Brand, can you advise?

Edited by SwissVan

to be honest, I don't ride the spruit a lot because of the people. If you've ever wanted to see a bunch of snob cyclists, just go to the spruit. I find that 90% of the people there think they own the trails. It is such a great place to cycle but damn, people are idiots

to be honest, I don't ride the spruit a lot because of the people. If you've ever wanted to see a bunch of snob cyclists, just go to the spruit. I find that 90% of the people there think they own the trails. It is such a great place to cycle but damn, people are idiots

I try not to ride the Spruit too much on weekend mornings. It's pretty cool at most other times.

Yup, try walking with your kids and dogs when you have the bleeding eyes racing and snorting at you. It's a public space for pete's sake not a race track.

That's a bit arb..

Was a bad guess, thought you were the OP and at the time of posting I was using my mobile on the train and long story short could not double check before posting....

will edit and remove any implication to you sir

Luckily I do not run on main roads. I prefer running in suburbia with lots of hills and leafy streets (Roads ignored by cyclists as there are no long open sections!).

That's where I prefer riding. But, on the plus side (for you) you're probably faster on foot than I am on the bike!

Far prefer the leafy suburbs, hills and dales with close to no traffic to the main roads and tin-tops.

Still no idea what this means

"The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit"

Brand, can you advise?

think about it for a second.....

Thiiiiiiink....

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink....!

Still stuck? Okay. First letter of the alphabet is an.....?

A - ttaboy!

K K

A .

K K

:P

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Was a bad guess, thought you were the OP and at the time of posting I was using my mobile on the train and long story short could not double check before posting....

will edit and remove any implication to you sir

no harm - just thought you had it in for me ;-)

I am with you on the crusade for runners.

I run trail and road as a mix, I run in the yellow line in to the oncoming traffic, when there is no yellow line, I veer off the road where I can.

I was running on a pavement a year or so ago and a chick playing with her plastic hair sitting on her cellphone ramped up the pavement and nearly knocked me in to a flask because she was busy texting.

Never did I see the day that cyclists will start hating runners.

Motorists hate cyclists and runners and now cyclists turn on runners, my moer but South Africans are a hateful nation.