The k.k reputation of MTB's on the Spruit.

Brand

Would it be reasonable to expect MTB to change direction to avoid people and things?

Common courtesy is what is actually needed.

I for one go around the pedestrians, as some of them do exactly what you did here, they couldn't give a hoot, so I avoid the inevitable.

Some of the mountain bikers are also a bunch of ongeskikte varke.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sprait is for all to use. MTBer, walkers, joggers all provide a common security to all humans to use the Sprait -safely OR wild animals criminals would be robbing , attacking and killing the humans.

So I suggest ALL get some commons ground , create new paths if need be. But when you all got it so good on your door step you make sure you work in harmony to keep it that way

Compromise

Sacrifice and

Discussue solutions

Only good can come of this.

YA WHERS THE BLOCK BUTTON AGAIN,THOUGHT ITS A KID BUT SAYS HES 39 YEARS OLD WITH 2 KIDS,WONDER IF HE TALKS IN CAPS @ HOME !!!! <_<

Eish dude, that's a bit harsh man.

We know the dude has caps lock dyslexia, but let's leave the family stuff out of it.

Edited by Dangle

eat my warm **** lightie, ima go ride GG.. your a non factor... plug in cuzzie....... wake up im done,fking troll leader...

come to durandts ill speak to you in caps with my hands.. get the ring for 5 min easy, bring the kids to see a caps lock PK

Waar val jy uit die bus uit.

Goodness me boet, the last oke that threatened to donner someone was Peanut Butter

Oh damn... I was out cycling and missed the whole modder gooiing session... cant we start the fight again? Pretty please!!!

That's why I actually hare working through threads, you read stuff the makes you want to comment .

The Sprait is for all to use. MTBer, walkers, joggers all provide a common security to all humans to use the Sprait -safely OR wild animals criminals would be robbing , attacking and killing the humans.

Read boys- now now no fighting.

So I suggest ALL get some commons ground , create new paths if need be. But when you all got it so good on your door step you make sure you work in harmony to keep it that way

Compromise

Sacrifice and

Discussue solutions

Only good can come of this.

Did I miss something??? Cause apparently I am about to get a PK for using CAPS, I have gone over my posts to see where I attacked, did I miss something ??ANYONE

TO MR 2NUTZ YOU WILL DONNER ME NO DOUBT CLEARLY YOU USE YOUR HANDS TO SORT OUT YOUR ISSUES, ME I AM A LITTLE GIRL I DON'T SO YOU THE MAN I APOLOGISE...

Not sure what for, but you clearly are the better man.

Damn, the Spruit has got so much space in that area you can go 10m off the trail if you have to. Which I have done on more than one occasion - especially when there are horses and horses @rses on the trail.

And this is the reason why we are making unidirectional mtb only trails hugging the perimeter of Delta. And there are plans to have trails on the opposite side of the Spruit too in certain areas.

Damn, the Spruit has got so much space in that area you can go 10m off the trail if you have to. Which I have done on more than one occasion - especially when there are horses and horses @rses on the trail.

And this is the reason why we are making unidirectional mtb only trails hugging the perimeter of Delta. And there are plans to have trails on the opposite side of the Spruit too in certain areas.

That area by the scouthall could be lekker....where they do CX sundays

Edited by rouxtjie

That area by the scouthall could be lekker....where they do CX sundays

Possibly. Plans I heard about are mainly for the Bryanston area but who knows how it could develop in time. The good thing is that we have all the right people talking to each other at the moment.

Possibly. Plans I heard about are mainly for the Bryanston area but who knows how it could develop in time. The good thing is that we have all the right people talking to each other at the moment.

:thumbup: great stuffs.

So whats the story with runners who use the side of the road against traffic flow and expect cyclists to swerve and avoid them so they can stay on the smooth black stuff rather than risk a shoe blow out on the verge. I hold my line if necessary - not willing to risk a car hitting me from behind. OP, what you think the rule should be on the road?

I disagree that pedestrians cannot change direction quickly - far easier for a runner to duck out of the way at the last minute than a biker. The MTB guy probably thought you would yield because thats what most sane people do, depending on the situation of course. In my book, the runner should generally yield to the heavier faster moving bike as its far easier for a runner to do so. Simple.

I try my best to make way and be considerate as much as possible. Common courtesy is the key.

I've only ever had one 'run in' with a pedestrian, I was going uphill through the trees in delta park and she was walking down the hill in the same bit of singletrack. Unfortunately I was finding it challenging to move out of her way because I was in a bit of a rut and travelling at a pretty slow speed (coupled with being slightly technically challenged).

All it would've taken was one single step sideways for her and the problem would've been averted, but like the OP she chose to 'hold her line'. I was forced to a physical stop, followed by a load of verbal abuse about MTB'ers in general.

I had to bite my tongue and remind myself that any reaction from me would've been useless because she had already made her mind up.

Why can't we all just get along?