[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Cullinan

Tim_Fair

Not gonna be able to, gonna need to shoot back home shortly after finishing, maybe a beer or 2. Busy day tomorrow.

Chop! No worries..... in this cold home seems the best option afterwards!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 40km places if anyone is interested. Sick so won't be able to go

Sent you a PM!

. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CONTACT DETAILS

Event Name: NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Cullinan

When: 6 July 2013

Where: Oak Ave, Petra Diamonds Mine, Cullinan, Gauteng, Gauteng

Category: MTB

Date: 06 July 2013

Venue: Oak Ave, Petra Diamonds Mine, Cullinan, Gauteng, South Africa

Terrain: Farm lands | Dry | Arid | Savanna

Elevation: 1400m | Ascent: 70km - 900m / 40km - 500m / 20km - 250m / 10km - 100m. Participant Limit: 2500 (70km - 800 / 40km - 1000 / 20km - 500 / 10km - 200 ) Features: Hand built trails | Bridges | Cattle track | 4x4 Trails | Dirt roads

Race Summary

If you take to mountain biking like women take to diamonds, do not miss this race! The route traverses areas inaccessible under normal circumstances due to diamond mining (come try your luck), and that is not all! Winding single and jeep tracks take you through pristine areas and over river crossings where you can still stop and drink the water.

The route options are 70 km, 40 km, 20 km and 10 km each with its own excitement. The long distance route takes riders through areas where wild game roam, and even past lion. You ride on the verge of a massive water fall and through a cave - you will not find better mountain biking than this!

Over and above the family fun offered by the NISSAN Trailseeker Series, the town of Cullinan comes to life, catering for the hordes of mountain bikers! Whole-day excitement is on offer, and everyone in the family can have a share. Great meals, snacks and beer to quench your thirst while sharing the story behind your battle scars with your mountain bike buddies, are available at many of the quaint restaurants. Jumping castle and face painting looks after young kids, and we'll look after your bike and wash it, for a donation, while you relax with a professional massage or rub-down.

Go to Event Page

Tim , can u also register before the race on saturday morning ?

Tim , can u also register before the race on saturday morning ?

Yes you can!

One entry left for nissan 2 for a 40km if anyone is interested. Contact me on 0719958120

So after all my fuss about whether collecting the goodie bag was worth the trip I took up wife's offer to collect it for me on her way to the shops. Being of the fairer sex with an inherently inquisitive nature she decided to check out the goodies in the bag. When I got home she asked me why in heavens earth would they include a condom in the goodie bag! Attached is a picture of the said condom ( you won't be far off the mark if you surmise that she might be a little shortsighted). I explained to her what it was and pointed out that any condom with a "Deep Cleanse' feature would have been branded by Roto Rooter anyway.

post-13836-0-05851900-1373030026_thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for a reply on this one - so, HAS anyone actually tried these - Maggi "curry flavour" All-in-1stew mix ???

I've given one I received at a race last year to my maid ... she still hasn't tried it either :) I've got a cupboard full of them.

So a 34.32 race index is in batch D according to their race index scale. So whoever has a higher index and is in a lower group count yourself lucky.

Enjoy the race. It is gonna be a fast one.

Anyone that's done this race before - driving time from Sandton / Midrand to cullinan??

Trying to work out how late I can sleep :ph34r: - starting at 8.

If you come through the N1 / N4 interchange I would estimate to allow 30 minutes from there to Cullinan if you keep to the speed limit along the way. So estimate your time to that interchange ?

Johann Rabie wen sy 1ste MTB race ,dit was sy 4de MTB race en was nog op die podium by almal.

Ok. Done and dusted. Literally.

The rave: I improved vastly compared to last year. 2012 was 67km and I did it in over 4 hours. This year was 74.8km and I did it in 3:45.

Rant: 74.8km. They could have told us. Why are the published profiles and distances ALWAYS different to reality? The 20&40km races joined the 70 route just before a river crossing. Read: bottleneck creation.

I'm impressed with my progress but Cullinan won't see me again.