• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked him long ago when entries were still open

I DONT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU DIPS

You never asked me

You must ride with a windbreaker / jacket at all times, so get something thin and light, that sole purpose is to keep the cold wind of your chest like this.

http://www.firstasce...quantum-jacket/

I find when it gets colder then 3 - 5 degrees a thermal jacket underneath your windbreaker works great.

http://www.firstasce...nha-pullover-2/

Then long fingered gloves, a thermal base layer, a buff, thermal socks and you are good to go!

The base layer must be the first layer between your skin and the rest of your clothing and the tighter it sits, the better

Edited by Wil6

Damn in 2004 i had an old gary fisher bike, normal cycling shirt, thin arm warmers (none of this fluffy stuff) long lycra trousers and a pot helmet from game. Oh and home made lights with a battery from a motorbike in the back pack.

Seems i need to upgrade my kit a little for 2013 :-)

I asked him long ago when entries were still open

I DONT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU DIPS

ASKED ME??????YOU HIGH AGAIN

Depends how fast you plan to ride. You can almost make the last water point in the light, in which case you don't really need anything if the weather is fine. But make sure the weather is going to be fine.

If you're a little slower, and the weather is fine, arm warmers and a jammer at Doornkraal or BergPlaas (depending on your speed), along with lights.

If it's wet and cold and windy and muddy, start in all the kit that you own and don't take any of it off until you're in your guest house in JBay.

ASKED ME??????YOU HIGH AGAIN

You see why this relationship doesn't function. You never listen!

You see why this relationship doesn't function. You never listen!

POSSIBLE, ISNT ONE OF your partners looking sick???