2014 Joberg2C

Wayne Potgieter

This sounds pretty reasonable - it's 8 hours on the longer stages.

As for the GPS, can you do it on a Garmin Edge 500? Anyone do the Dusi2c on one?

Or do you need to upgrade to the 800/810?

500 worked fine on Dusi.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so you guys were all excited now :oops: did i mention i am doing joberg2c alone??

would join u but my brothers wedding has scrapped my 2014 j2c

Epic - R45 900 per team = R5737.50 per team per day

J2C - R28 000 per team = R3111.11 per team per day

Come on guys, I can assure you that the organisers are not trying to rip us off. The fee is still pocket-change when compared to Epic. The food is better, the camps are better, the atmosphere is better, it is a day longer and there is hundreds of km of purpose-cut singletrack. Solo entries are a bit more because it means individual tents etc.

I like solo and having my own tent as I cant sniff another okes fart 8 nights in a row, mine are bad enough :whistling:

Give the solo guys a smaller tent if the real estate we take up is an issue but to justify a R2100 difference, I cannot.

Id do it as a team provided I can have my own tent.

Thats just me

1. ok lets start a auction offers(realistic)

I would pay R13500 for a Solo entry, I would have paid it now.

Id take a smaller tent for my kitbag and I

R16,5k.... no thanks

Any race is only as good as company that attend. Doing joberg2c on you're lonesome suck, no matter how good the route

Any race is only as good as company that attend. Doing joberg2c on you're lonesome suck, no matter how good the route

YOU WRONG YOU BASICALLY END UP RIDING/SLEEPING/EATING WITH THE SAME GROUP MAKE LEKKE FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY

Dips is a lonely guy, he is used to it

YOU WRONG YOU BASICALLY END UP RIDING/SLEEPING/EATING WITH THE SAME GROUP MAKE LEKKE FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY

I hear you and it is true to some extent. However, I've done a few stage races and the ones I enjoyed most where the ones where I took friends along. Sure, you'll make some friends along the way, but it is just not the same. For me atleast