2014 Joberg2C

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also out for the moment as I have just bought a specialized epic expert.

Taking it home later today.

Ag lekker man

Pics when you get please.

I'm doing it - I'm pretty sure you can do it with an Edge 500. I've got no plans to upgrade. Obviously if I was pulling the trigger on a new GPS I'd go for the 800 now, but I'm sure the 500 will be more than adequate. Especially if the organisers can create TCX files with custom cues (ie.e turn by turn directions). See http://ridewithgps.com/edge_500

But I would also rather the route were marked.

I'm doing it - I'm pretty sure you can do it with an Edge 500. I've got no plans to upgrade. Obviously if I was pulling the trigger on a new GPS I'd go for the 800 now, but I'm sure the 500 will be more than adequate. Especially if the organisers can create TCX files with custom cues (ie.e turn by turn directions). See http://ridewithgps.com/edge_500

I am taking a woman with me who is not entered in to the event.

She will have a cellphone and multiple GPS units with her, she will be leaving at 2:00 am everyday to ride ahead and keep me in the loop as to where the road should lead me.

Lo and behold she makes a mistake.

This I am not sure of, I have used my edge 500 a couple of times for exploring trails and it gives you very small breadcrumbs. Its fine if you are exploring but might be a ballache in a j2c scenario. I will try it over the weekend and give some feedback...might be pleasantly surprised.

This I am not sure of, I have used my edge 500 a couple of times for exploring trails and it gives you very small breadcrumbs. Its fine if you are exploring but might be a ballache in a j2c scenario. I will try it over the weekend and give some feedback...might be pleasantly surprised.

Just find a guy with a 800 and hold his wheel or maybe you'll recognise stuff and know where to turn.... :ph34r:

Just find a guy with a 800 and hold his wheel or maybe you'll recognise stuff and know where to turn.... :ph34r:

yea, I think that is what will end up happening anyway....people will follow other people's wheels.

yea, I think that is what will end up happening anyway....people will follow other people's wheels.

I've learnt from Adventure Racing, never assume the person you are following knows where they are going. :)

I am taking a woman with me who is not entered in to the event.

She will have a cellphone and multiple GPS units with her, she will be leaving at 2:00 am everyday to ride ahead and keep me in the loop as to where the road should lead me.

Lo and behold she makes a mistake.

And if she leaves at 2 am she can get back in time to make food and wash your clothes for the next day?

And if she leaves at 2 am she can get back in time to make food and wash your clothes for the next day?

I love a happy ending :devil:

While you all pubcrawl in the tent?

I've learnt from Adventure Racing, never assume the person you are following knows where they are going. :)

hahahaha following a random postoffice guy could be a disaster.

And they say men become super jags when they pub crawl.

Super jags? Wow a normal jag is pretty fast already.