What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also struggling with the Umbrella Academy... three episodes in and I’m not even looking forward to e4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep at it - it really starts getting interesting at around the ep5 stage. 

keep at it - it really starts getting interesting at around the ep5 stage.

I tried episode one, found it a bit edgy for me for the first 20 mins or so, sort of worked out it wasn’t quite going to normal like James Bond or MI. Tried got keep going , but soon as the butler appeared as a dog, or badger or something dressed in a tux , I knew I was gonzo out of there.

I tried episode one, found it a bit edgy for me for the first 20 mins or so, sort of worked out it wasn’t quite going to normal like James Bond or MI. Tried got keep going , but soon as the butler appeared as a dog, or badger or something dressed in a tux , I knew I was gonzo out of there.

wellll.... You're watching a series about kids with superpowers, in a modern world where they don't have cell phones. I think an evolved / experimented upon chimpanzee would be the least of your concerns... :P

wellll.... You're watching a series about kids with superpowers, in a modern world where they don't have cell phones. I think an evolved / experimented upon chimpanzee would be the least of your concerns... :P

This sounds like alphas?

No, quite different, actually. No crime solving, really. Just trying to stop the end of the world, essentially.

Ok.... Must say it hasn't piqued my interest.. But maybe I'll give it a go

Umbrella is one of those shows where the juvenile presentation just seems fitting.

Its not pg13 by any means though. At least not enough to be discouraging. It doesn't unfold in any real meaningful or thought provoking way either and there are also plot holes if you're the nitpick type. BUT. Its a great story. One I really enjoyed watching unravel. Especially on the character development side of things. 

And its about 10x better than alpha's.. it really does get good in the later episodes..oh and the world ends...or does it

Alpha's was rubbish imo. And in hindsight. So was the attempt to revive Heroes.

What I like about Umbrella is how the characters are defined by their personalities and relationships rather than their powers. 

14 April

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's like, 2 years away! 

Even longer that Januworry felt 

Alpha's was rubbish imo. And in hindsight. So was the attempt to revive Heroes.

What I like about Umbrella is how the characters are defined by their personalities and relationships rather than their powers.

It had potential.. But never lived up. There was a string of shows at the time that were like that. Both the 4400 and heroes had heaps of potential and then a few seasons in became bleh