What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Just do it. I did it in February. The only thing that you might miss is the live sport but there are alternatives.

O and you saved yourself about R6500 do spend on your holiday :thumbup:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do it. I did it in February. The only thing that you might miss is the live sport but there are alternatives.

Best idea ever!

Right...so I have been put off the Walking Dead because....well.....its about zombies. I eventually relented and started watching it because everyone is raving about it....and I am hooked. Halfway through Season 3..........clubbing a few episodes nightly!

must say, i am not a fan of "horror" as a gene at all. it's just too far fetched.

but i must say this series has me completely hooked. Cant wait for the episodes to be available.

i can tell you one thing, my company band width is thanking multichoice for airing this on fox.

Switching off dstv this december! Not even superrugby is worth 700 a month!

So downloads...I currwntly have the 8ta 10GB promo, but looking to go uncapped. Any suggestions for adsl isp's and linespeeds? I'm just gonna download won't steam at first..

Thanks

Just started season 3 of Hell on Wheels, it's quite an interesting period action/drama thingy on the US railroad being built. lots of boozing, whores, guns, n words and killing. even dem injuns and yankees need to line up next for bohannan

http://digitaljourna.../article/355193

<script src="http://www.springboa.../script><iframe id="byhw018_760851" src="http://cms.springboa...wood.com/10/1/" width="480" height="298" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Switching off dstv this december! Not even superrugby is worth 700 a month!

So downloads...I currwntly have the 8ta 10GB promo, but looking to go uncapped. Any suggestions for adsl isp's and linespeeds? I'm just gonna download won't steam at first..

Thanks

If you're not going to stream, get a 2mb uncapped bundle from either Afrihost or Telkom. They're both good.

Works out about R400pm (for line & isp) + R160 for telkom voice line (if you don't already have that)

Edited by P.A.K.

I got the series Vikings.. hell.. I love it, can't wait for the next season.

Also got all the seasons of Gladiator.. I must admit i kinda like it.. But def not for the conservative types.

Oh and I recently started watching Bones.. yip old "Angel" is kinda good.. Don't know how I never watched it before, but thanks to there being almost nothing interesting on on Sundays I came across the reruns.

If you're not going to stream, get a 2mb uncapped bundle from either Afrihost or Telkom. They're both good.

Works out about R400pm (for line & isp) + R160 for telkom voice line (if you don't already have that)

Ok, let me get this straight...the 2mb uncapped is R200 at telkom, but you need line rental and adsl line rental...do you need both line rentals if you just want it for internet, I'm not going to use a phone on it?

Homeland and The Americans are also compelling viewing.

I enjoyed the Americans - did not find too many people were watching it though, I thought it was excellent.

Enjoying House of Cards with Kevin Spacey - just started.

Ok, let me get this straight...the 2mb uncapped is R200 at telkom, but you need line rental and adsl line rental...do you need both line rentals if you just want it for internet, I'm not going to use a phone on it?

Yip, you need voice line rental even if you don't want a voice line. Say thanks to telkom.

So to recap, you need:

1. Voice line (Telkom, R160)

2. ADSL Line (Telkom)

3. ISP (Afrihost, Mweb, Telkom, etc.)

2 & 3 can be bundled and works out a bit cheaper than going separately. I can recommend getting 2&3 either from Telkom or from Afrihost

Edited by P.A.K.

Yip, you need voice line rental even if you don't want a voice line. Say thanks to telkom.

So to recap, you need:

1. Voice line (Telkom, R160)

2. ADSL Line (Telkom)

3. ISP (Afrihost, Mweb, Telkom, etc.)

2 & 3 can be bundled and works out a bit cheaper than going separately. I can recommend getting 2&3 either from Telkom or from Afrihost

Cool, thanks!

Enjoying House of Cards with Kevin Spacey - just started.

OOOh yes, I watch that.. I really enjoy it.

get 1mb - they are all getting doubled over christmas at no extra cost. So if you get a 1Mb now, you will automatically have 2mb in a month or so. If you get 2mb now, you will automatically have 4mb in a month or so

Switching off dstv this december!

Thanks

we are still running mnet on the ol delta 9000 at R300 per month. I am going to keep that going until they can it and then get nothing.

get 1mb - they are all getting doubled over christmas at no extra cost. So if you get a 1Mb now, you will automatically have 2mb in a month or so. If you get 2mb now, you will automatically have 4mb in a month or so

True, but any new orders are already switched to the new speed/price. Hence, 2mbs is now the lowest offering you can get from Telkom Edited by P.A.K.