What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

so what did everyone think of the final episode of wayward pines? seemed a bit rushed and condensed...but also open to a second season if the demand is there...but highly unlikely

Felt a bit cheated to be honest, I don't mind the way it turned out but at least show us how it got there.

Felt like a director with a reputation for clever twists desperately trying to find a way to create his latest clever twist.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I am alone watching Rectify....and while on Season 3 already - I would still recommend giving it a go. Its slow...i'll make no bones about that...but the character development is leaps and bounds ahead of anything out there right now..add that to brilliant musical soundtrack and effects and you got a great show.. the trailer also doesn't really do it justice

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So any new opinions on True Detective season 2? 

The show feels like it has (and probably always has been) a bad parody of season 1. The main murder plot is incomprehensibly complex. 

Scenes that are supposed to be dark and upsetting are absolutely laughable - "old man orgy" scene, I'm looking at you!

Started on season 2 of The Strain. It's a bit cheesy, but entertaining enough to keep watching. 

Any 2 Broke Girls fans here? Mainstream media tells me it is crude and makes use of stereotypes for its laughs, but I really enjoy it. 

I can watch Kat Dennings for hours.  :drool:

The show feels like it has (and probably always has been) a bad parody of season 1. The main murder plot is incomprehensibly complex. 

Scenes that are supposed to be dark and upsetting are absolutely laughable - "old man orgy" scene, I'm looking at you!

Started on season 2 of The Strain. It's a bit cheesy, but entertaining enough to keep watching. 

im watching it out of respect for season 1...but i certainly dont look forward to each week...its ok...but there are better priorities on sunday nights such as Halt and catch Fire and Masters of Sex

vince yawn is improving though

on episode 6 of Mr Robot. Its frustratingly good. 

There's something about the way the protagonist narrates the series.

Reminds me of the way JD Salinger writes.

He is not telling a story to the audience. He is speaking to himself. 

An extraordinarily intelligent, socially anxious, borderline schizophrenic, manically depressed, drug addict struggling to navigate his moral compass as he tries to change the world behind the persona of someone who just wants to fit in.

I only fear that a plot premise as compelling as this one might hold the writers back.

It can only continue to be this gripping if the world really does sink into anarchy because of his actions. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/NFE_portrait/2015/04/mr_robot_fuck_society.jpg

Any 2 Broke Girls fans here? Mainstream media tells me it is crude and makes use of stereotypes for its laughs, but I really enjoy it. 

I can watch Kat Dennings for hours.  :drool:

Awesome bewbs

An extraordinarily intelligent, socially anxious, borderline schizophrenic, manically depressed, drug addict struggling to navigate his moral compass as he tries to change the world behind the persona of someone who just wants to fit in.

I only fear that a plot premise as compelling as this one might hold the writers back.

It can only continue to be this gripping if the world really does sink into anarchy because of his actions.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/NFE_portrait/2015/04/mr_robot_fuck_society.jpg

He's a faaaarking good actor. Very well impressed so far.

I Just finished watching Secrets and Lies on HULU. Damn that was one twist I didn't expect....

I have to agree, they cannot hope to live up to season 1 - I'm still watching, I guess that means I should spend more time on the bike and less in front of the TV because that is an hour I am not gaining anything from.

I'm loving this show.

I have officially ditched true detective....and with halt and catch fire now finished my sundays have gone from 3 shows to only the brilliant Masters of Sex....so what do i need to add to it? Humans? or Mr Robot

I think i am going to get the first episode of both and make a decision based upon that