What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

I don’t watch a lot outside of cycling, and a few series. This one is back and in the words of Pierre Gasly, “what are we going to talk about this year?”

ED69B9C1-EB74-48FA-9F57-6616E0FCBBDA.png.68b06ee248bf3b7c8ad4782bc1c68af9.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, forkie said:

I have been watching the most frightening and scary series i think i have ever watched. As a 49 yo father of 2 daughters - Euphoria is positively spine chilling.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, 'Dale said:

Euphoria. 

Slow and tense simmer, then character development picks up.

Sobering. Hectic, at times. Realistic and 'phew, this is the times we are in for young adults'.

Wow, that was hard work.
But I couldn't stop watching it. Like a very slow motion train wreck. Heavy and intense with a lot of damage and chaos.
Also, a father of 2 teenagers, I found that scary (because it's so real!)

Onto the latest season of Queen of the South now ... watched the first two episodes, and it is looking promising again.

Also watched Vikings Valhalla ....... average at best, and feels like it is on a very very very tight budget ... the person who does sound effects and background sounds should be fired though ... this person managed to make what could have been an average series feel cheesy 

Has anyone watched Invasion ?
I searched here and couldn't find a reference.

So far, it seems very similar to the 2019 Euro 'War of the Worlds' series.

1 hour ago, splat said:

Has anyone watched Invasion ?
I searched here and couldn't find a reference.

So far, it seems very similar to the 2019 Euro 'War of the Worlds' series.

from one perspective, they are relatable, but it's a different viewing experience, and very bingey.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, Capricorn said:

from one perspective, they are relatable, but it's a different viewing experience, and very bingey.

Yep. the stories did diverge towards the end.
Similar in that they were personal journeys or battles set in a backdrop of an alien invasion. Or was it the other way around, with an alien invasion set among the stories of a few people an their personal journey or battle?

But very nicely done and I am looking forward to season 2 (and hope they wrap it up there).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 7:10 PM, Capricorn said:

Highly recommended: Gary Oldman is GOLD

Loved this show! Sad that the season has already ended, but apparently Apple has already filmed the next 6 episodes so hopefully the wait isn't too long.

1 hour ago, patches said:

Loved this show! Sad that the season has already ended, but apparently Apple has already filmed the next 6 episodes so hopefully the wait isn't too long.

now that it's confirmed that cast and crew filmed two seasons back to back, Apple could drop the second one whenever it likes. No need to wait a year.

However, if audiences respond positively to the first season, it's likely Apple will want to press on ASAP with production on a third.

If that happens, the second season will likely be released halfway between the first and the planned arrival of the third. Our guess for now is late 2022

they got us by the balls haven't they , making us wait like this... :(

Had me hooked on Ep 1.
Chiwetel Ejiofor is darn funny in this serialized adaptation  of the 1963 book and 1976 movie.