What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

12 hours ago, greys said:

I watched season 1 of Slow Horses last week and about 2 episodes off the end of S2 at the moment. As others have said, it is very formulaic and by the numbers, however Gary Oldman makes up for that. There's no real shocks and turns, everything is fairly well sign posted but it has a certain charm and allure and will be watching further seasons.

I also like European TV shows after all the American stuff.
It's got a different rhythm and style.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

On the list at the moment...

• The Last of Us (Season 1) for my action/thriller/sci-fi
  • Unforgotten (Season 5) for my British Crime Drama
  • Carnival Row (Season 2) for my fantasy/adventure
  • South Park (Season 26) for keeping me up to date with current events... that episode about Harry & Meghan 🤣
  • Gary and His Demons (Season 2) for my dark comedy (similar humour to Archer and the like)
  • Border Security (whatever season is showing on TV at the moment). for my filler. It's always entertaining watching Aussie Border Force officers reprimanding and fining people for trying to sneak in weird food stuff in.

Quite the list, but we just work away at 1 - 2 episodes an evening of whatever show we feel like, and the short animateds (South Park and Gary and Hi Demons) are for my bus commutes to work.

Also, we decided to cull most our streaming services (had Plex, Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, and Apple TV). Now only left with Amazon and Plex.

• 2 weeks later...

Stella on Showmax are pretty good. If I was that dad, I would've shot that piece of **** Xander. The best part was that you could actually hear the P#$s Klap on the audio that one of the girls dad gave Xander. Ha ha

• 1 month later...

Currently and Recently:

1883 (Amazon) - Western and prequel to Yellowstone. One season only. Brilliant (in my opinion). Don't need to have watched Yellowstone to understand.

image.png.8fe9fb784425dfd0d300303c1029a6bf.png

1932 (Amazon) - Another prequel to Yellowstone. Big names (Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren). Not as good as 1883 in my opinion, but still a worthwhile watch. Don't have to have watched Yellowstone or 1883 to follow, but it'll help.

image.png.1a31ade761353c9cf3efc159c6ffbdac.png

The Diplomat (Netflix)- Geopolitical Adrenalized Drama. Good pace. Funny at times. Not unlike the feel of Newsroom or one of those type shows.

image.png.3362dfec9c7222821b817ba6fb2f8a52.png

On 5/9/2023 at 12:49 PM, splat said:

Any idea if this is good ?
The cast looks pretty solid.

Silo

Started watching it to get a feeling and really liking it. Cant wait for Episode 3. 

Watched Rabbit Hole and this was a lekker mind bender. Could not figure out who did what and always throws a spanner in the works. Enjoyed it.
Diplomat was good.

On 5/9/2023 at 12:49 PM, splat said:

Any idea if this is good ?
The cast looks pretty solid.

Silo

On my WTFITW list. it's very interesting just off the first 2 eps. Like Jensie,  looking forward to the next.

6 hours ago, Jensie said:

Watched Rabbit Hole and this was a lekker mind bender. Could not figure out who did what and always throws a spanner in the works. Enjoyed it.
Diplomat was good.

Agreed wrt RH. They paced that guessing game very well for the viewer.

But did they 'rush' the season finale abit?

11 hours ago, Jensie said:

Diplomat was good.

4 hours ago, Capricorn said:

Agreed wrt RH. They paced that guessing game very well for the viewer.

But did they 'rush' the season finale abit?

Oh darn! you just reminded me that I was watching Rabbit Hole, and forgot about it, haha