What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Band of Brothers is the best series i have ever watched. Cant believe how tuff those young "kids" were in WW2. ( i say kids, because they were all pretty young)

The things that they saw and had to do to survive. :eek:   And the best is at the beginning of each episode the guys that were there tells you first hand what happened.

The one line that always bring tears to my eyes is when the old man is telling the camera when his Grandson asked him this question:

"Grandpa, were you a hero in the war? I said: No... But i served in a company of heroes".

Wow, :( 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Band of Brothers is the best series i have ever watched. Cant believe how tuff those young "kids" were in WW2. ( i say kids, because they were all pretty young)

The things that they saw and had to do to survive. :eek:   And the best is at the beginning of each episode the guys that were there tells you first hand what happened.

The one line that always bring tears to my eyes is when the old man is telling the camera when his Grandson asked him this question:

"Grandpa, were you a hero in the war? I said: No... But i served in a company of heroes".

Wow, :( 

Have you watched The Pacific? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/)

A great series in the Band of Brothers style.

So, thanks to your enthusiastic recommendations and 'manshaming' because I haven't seen it yet  :mellow:  :lol: my brother and I watched the first episode of Band of Brothers last night. Gotta say, so far it's pretty damn good. Definitely did not expect to see Ross as the hard-assed drill sergeant, but he made it work. Looking forward to the next episode!

So, thanks to your enthusiastic recommendations and 'manshaming' because I haven't seen it yet  :mellow:  :lol: my brother and I watched the first episode of Band of Brothers last night. Gotta say, so far it's pretty damn good. Definitely did not expect to see Ross as the hard-assed drill sergeant, but he made it work. Looking forward to the next episode!

I was gonna warn you about that. Probably the only fault I have of the show...it works....but there could have been a better villian than Ross...just because of how he is mentally linked to so many people through friends

Been slowly working through season 2 of Fargo.

I think it suffered the same fate as season 2 of True Detective (both anthology crime dramas, as luck would have it), as the second season is dragged down by meandering plotlines, characters and sub-plots you don't give two shites about and a lack of focus brought on by trying to tell a "bigger" tale than the first season.

It's a bit disappointing, but I'll work through it.

I think it suffered the same fate as season 2 of True Detective (both anthology crime dramas, as luck would have it), as the second season is dragged down by meandering plotlines, characters and sub-plots you don't give two shites about and a lack of focus brought on by trying to tell a "bigger" tale than the first season.

Started watching it, and fell asleep. So it did not keep my attention for long...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dont think it was as bad as TD 2 ....but its not nearly as good as the first. Kirsten Dunst was very good though

Westworld Ep7... Holy crap

And just this morning I told me wife that we still need to watch this...

and episode 6 as well...  Missed out big time...

And just this morning I told me wife that we still need to watch this...

and episode 6 as well... Missed out big time...

We are also 2 episodes behind[emoji53]

We are also 2 episodes behind[emoji53]

hope there were no spoilers...except for the fact that you know Episode 7 is gonna make you go  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

hope there were no spoilers...except for the fact that you know Episode 7 is gonna make you go :eek: :eek: :eek:

No didn't see any spoilers.. also didn't really read too many comments to avoid spoilers..

It is a show where you need to concentrate, and I haven't been in the mood to concentrate lol.

So will wait for tomorrow afternoon to have full focus [emoji23] [emoji23]