What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

one of the most intriguing shows I've binged on in a while. Seriously wtf at times, if not most of the time. But a captivating story. I think its one that will polarise viewers. Great performances by relatively unknown actors among the familiar ones.

Am I missing an image on Tapatalk... Cos I don't know what you are talking about?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the first four episodes of Dirk Gently last night. Completely insane and amazingly fun. Might even be more enjoyable than the books.

Insane indeed. My OH was so excited to see it on the Netflix list, he also read the books, but then he likes weird WTF stuff like mulholland drive.

I am so confused in that show.

me too

Black mirror.. San junipero.... What an excellent episode... Did anyone recognise cape town?... So you buggers had Mackenzie Davis roaming around your streets at some point. Apparently nosedive was also filmed there.

ok...watched one episode of the OA...hooked...really bingey stuff...but ep 2 will have to wait

lead actor wrote and created it...interesting

Wow. Just wow. I started watching Southland last week and it is absolutely riveting. Hard, gritty and unapologetic, Southland is a show that doesn't claim to have all the answers and couldn't care less if you don't like it. Every episode reveals glimpses of lives that are lived on streets most people never see, safely cushioned by the men and women who wake up every day knowing they stand between the people they protect and the sullen, angry, resentful outcasts who can only stare longingly at riches and wonders that might as well be a million miles away.

A brilliant 9/10.

http://sogodvd.com/images/2013043013525049.jpg

I bought the first season of True Detective at the weekend. Tried to watch it, but got lost and bored. Should I try again?

I bought the first season of True Detective at the weekend. Tried to watch it, but got lost and bored. Should I try again?

Yeah, try to stick around the tv this time. Stay on the couch and you'll be fine.

Yeah, try to stick around the tv this time. Stay on the couch and you'll be fine.

Haha! I struggle to focus on stuff if it's not compelling. Watched a bit and it plodded. So I ended up plodding around the house...

Haha! I struggle to focus on stuff if it's not compelling. Watched a bit and it plodded. So I ended up plodding around the house...

Stick with it. The pace is a bit dreary at first but it picks up. Eventually its more macabre than mundane. But that's not what makes it good though. Its a psychological puzzle dragged out over 10 hours. You might feel like doing something else after the first episode or two. But I'm pretty sure you'll be sitting like this binging through the last 3 episodes.

437905.jpg

There's also some well deserved closure at the end. None of that cliffhanger nonsense.

Agreed.. Stick with it.. A great great series... Which your would expect with woody being in it

A brilliant 9/10.

That's quite an endorsement..I don't readily give out 9s. Twin peaks, sopranos,Breaking bad and mad men got a 9...I think that is about it. Not pointed at you.. But people tend to hand out 9s and 10s far too readily for my liking Edited by Stretch