What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Yoh.. it would never end.. bought hubby the last one "magician's end' for Father's day.

FEIST was in SA last year on a book tour.. my boet went to one of the dinners and got us a new copy of the magician.. cuase ours had actually fallen apart andy case, he did tell them if the opportunity came for a movie or series he would def agree to it.

BUT

I wish they would take the Druss chronicles (david gemmell) and turn that into movies.

I can see Drogo as a young Druss hey

There is a lot of shows/movies (like Fast & Furious - they're up to what, 87 now..? ;)) that never end that come from a much shorter story, at least there is something to build off here.

Haven't read Druss, but will have to go check it out.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of shows/movies (like Fast & Furious - they're up to what, 87 now..? ;)) that never end that come from a much shorter story, at least there is something to build off here.

Haven't read Druss, but will have to go check it out.

Oh you must.. david gemmel (may he RIP) was my favourite author of that genre. .. but just read them in the right order. .so start with Legend.. and ja he wrote plenty trilogies of many characters..all brilliant.

Was that this year?. . Anyhow

Ja I'm with you. . It just went on for forever.. Pug and Thomas, thomas and Pug lol

He's a rather nice fella from what I can understand.

Read his thoughts on GoT now after this last episode, very insightful.

Haha! You are right - end of last year?

Very engaging public speaker.

Haha! You are right - end of last year?

Very engaging public speaker.

I lost track of time. . Lol.. all I know is we have a signed copy of the Magician now.

Yeah my boet hung on his every word lol.. would've like to have been there.. so many questions lol

Sansa has always annoyed the crap out of me... BUT she is still alive (and not many other starks are lol) and this whole thing with Ramsey may just turn her badd ass...

Well, the only dead Stark is Ned. So far...

Catelyn comes back as Lady Stoneheart (though I dunno if you could call her a Stark still) and Jon is still there. So the only dead starks are the old Starks...

Well, the only dead Stark is Ned. So far...

Catelyn comes back as Lady Stoneheart (though I dunno if you could call her a Stark still) and Jon is still there. So the only dead starks are the old Starks...

Rob's pretty dead hey.

And the series hasn't brought Catelyn back yet.. not sure if they ever plan on. And in the books she's been back for a while. .

Edited by Gen

Rob's pretty dead hey.

And the series hasn't brought Catelyn back yet.. not sure if they ever plan on. And in the books she's been back for a while. .

Sorry, yes - and Robb. 

But it's hardly doom and gloom for the Stark family... looking up now. 

Sorry, yes - and Robb.

But it's hardly doom and gloom for the Stark family... looking up now.

Well so far only Sansa knows that the two youngest are alive. That should at least give her some hope..but poor Arya thinks the rest are all dead.

Almost feels if they (sansa and arya) knew there were more Starks alive they would maybe have some hope.

Well so far only Sansa knows that the two youngest are alive. That should at least give her some hope..but poor Arya thinks the rest are all dead.

Almost feels if they (sansa and arya) knew there were more Starks alive they would maybe have some hope.

Yeah. Really interested in Arya's storyline

Yeah. Really interested in Arya's storyline

Yip.. she's been one of my favourites from the start.. so determined such a survivor.

Oh you must.. david gemmel (may he RIP) was my favourite author of that genre. .. but just read them in the right order. .so start with Legend.. and ja he wrote plenty trilogies of many characters..all brilliant.

Feist is one of my favourites. Also Robert Jordans Wheel of time, although, I wish he finished it himself.

I will start some Gemmel on holiday in two weeks   :thumbup:

Edited by Robrider

After the GoT masacre we need some lighthearted stuff. Probably everyone knows a person (or a few) who indulges in E! or TLC entertainment / reality TV kinda bull. Insert GoT *shame!*. This is PBS's take on this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdcV5IZM8Y

That's good. The sad thing is.... my wife would probably watch it  :ph34r:  :eek:

Edited by Robrider