2013 Trans Baviaans 24 hour - Questions

zafischerman

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how to load the map they provide onto a 910XT? When I follow the mapsource instructions it says that it finds he device but it doesn't have the capability. Can it be exported directly to GPX?

I've also searched on Garmin connect but only find the 2012 course loaded.

Gonna post a Google Earth and a GPX version in a mo

Anybody know where the race route or what route we will follow just outside Jefferies seeing the finish is now at the Fountain Mall? I am having a problem trying to upload the map on TB website (track4africa)..... I know they will tell us at registration but i was hoping to plot it on my Garmin..... :drool:

I have converted the T4Africa route into a Garmin / GPS GPX file - PM you email address and I can forward it on

If you aren't wearing Sealskin socks, pack dry socks. If the weather turns seriously nasty it gets WET and cold and your tootsies will hate you. Long Sealskins will do the job regardless of the weather, otherwise spares.

Also, a really yummy leisure treat towards the end is awesome. Something delicious and wholesome you wont get at the tables... A Cream Soda!

The new map shows the route staying on the R102 from Kabeljous to Fountains Mall. The climb is about 100m in 3km (with the last 900m at 5%), before levelling out to the finish.

http://www.thehubsa....5725-tb-finish/

Thanks for the map - looks a bit miserable, but I guess by the time we get there it wont matter after all that will have gone before.

Hi,

Here's a Google Earth (KMZ) and a GPX version.

PS - Google street view goes up to about 100km in to the ride - just before the

Wilderness gates, and then it stops, (after that the hills and rougher terrain start)

Google Street view resumes a few km after CP5 to the Humansdorp turn off, then off again, and back on in J-Bay just before we go under the N2 bridge.

Trans Baviaans 2013 GPX.zip

Thanks for the map - looks a bit miserable, but I guess by the time we get there it wont matter after all that will have gone before.

Eghh. That hill needs a name.

I wonder if the route will still come out at Kabeljous and then its all uphill to fountains.

Hopefully the route will split before the downhill to the sea and then onto fountains

How cold does it get towards midnight/early am hours? Stressing a bit about if I have enough warm clothes...

Plan is :

Longsleeve First Ascent Baselayer (+ maybe the sleeveless one as well)

Cyclingshirt

Gilet (sleeveless windbreaker)

First Ascent Jacket (yellow one)

FA Leg warmers

Long winter gloves

Buff or 2

Any advice?

How cold does it get towards midnight/early am hours? Stressing a bit about if I have enough warm clothes...

Plan is :

Longsleeve First Ascent Baselayer (+ maybe the sleeveless one as well)

Cyclingshirt

Gilet (sleeveless windbreaker)

First Ascent Jacket (yellow one)

FA Leg warmers

Long winter gloves

Buff or 2

Any advice?

That should be more than enough. Will probably in the low single digits 2-4.

That should be more than enough. Will probably in the low single digits 2-4.

Keep your feet warm, cold feet = cold body

Done it 2 - never needed more than leg and arm warmers, ear warmers, jacket - as MuddyMike says - warm feet and u will be fine.