2013 Trans Baviaans 24 hour - Questions

zafischerman

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm little grim. Just found out why my partners daughter was giggling so much when i asked her if she could clean my glasses, which she did. Partner had cloths ready for such stuff. On problem is, it turns out the cloth was from an old pair of underpants....... No wonder i picked the pace up to the end

It seems like many riders suffer from the effects of the sweet overload in the Tummy.

Next year will really try something new not all the usual crap like energellys,litres of energy drinks and the od GU.

And Bergplaas seems to be the piont in the race where all suffer from tummy pain

Did the whole race on Hammer perpetuem with no problems at all - just a bit gatvol for the cuppacino taste at the end, and might take more flavours next time.The roosterkoeke was a bonus.

I rode the Transkaroo "Up" race last year, and must say MAC is no patch on Ouberg Pass as far as the uphill goes. But the TB are definitedly the more enjoyable one of the races.

Well done to all hubber finishers - and to those who bailed - go kick it's ass next year!!

Well done to all!!!

Was my fourth so looking forward to getting my shield next year if all works out. I love this part of the world and the scenery and race vibe is awesome, not to mention the food and support at the checkpoints.

Although it was a cold start and stayed that way throughout the race it was a great ride, enjoyed the water crossings as always and I think the tailwind at the start helped loads!

Really proud of my team who got home in just under 16 hours despite never having ridden together before and training not going nearly according to plan. Already looking forward to next year :clap:

We had 6 teams from work with the last team coming in at 22hrs 22min. they took a wrong turn after the last check point. Did extra 18km. Their support guy even after the race carried in sorting their gear and food etc while they showered and slept. He finally got to sleep after 40hrs (did see him catnap for 20min on the couch). Big respect to those guys.......

We had 6 teams from work with the last team coming in at 22hrs 22min. they took a wrong turn after the last check point. Did extra 18km. Their support guy even after the race carried in sorting their gear and food etc while they showered and slept. He finally got to sleep after 40hrs (did see him catnap for 20min on the couch). Big respect to those guys.......

:eek:

Well done guys

What an awesome event

I am definitely in for many more

I cant believe its over already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the boring flat roads in JHB

How did those little legs cope with the climbs

We had a awesome race . 20:32 hours later we crossed the line . Picked up a lot of single riders at water points that joined us . Nancy I hope you better , did not look to strong at CP 4 . We did get your partner to the next cp .

Awesome race, awesome team, awesome all other riders ... hating being back in the big smoke...

How did those little legs cope with the climbs

Jax, they look a bit better than in my profile pic, I also shaved them for the race but now after the race they are even a bit thinner

But they made it up the hills! We walked the last 500meters on MAC, if we only knew the top was around the next corner!!!!!

Also wish that we had that kind of riding terrain here in Bloem. On our way back yesterday we kept on saying that we wish we could ride up this pass, and that pass. :thumbup:

I got that type of terrain here, but so have you, even better, Lesotho is on your doorstep :eek:

Did the whole race on Hammer perpetuem with no problems at all - just a bit gatvol for the cuppacino taste at the end, and might take more flavours next time.The roosterkoeke was a bonus.

I rode the Transkaroo "Up" race last year, and must say MAC is no patch on Ouberg Pass as far as the uphill goes. But the TB are definitedly the more enjoyable one of the races.

Well done to all hubber finishers - and to those who bailed - go kick it's ass next year!!

So did I, also got a bit tired of the taste, but at least it's not at all sweet.

Definitely considering doing it again next year, I really enjoyed it.

My second Trans B and again a two man team, and again lost my race partner....this time one check point earlier @ 3. Managed to take 5hrs off my last year"s disaster, as well as the drama this year...... be back next year!! Awesome race!

Being sick for a week and then riding TB is not wise. I was hurting all the way, the legs just weren't there, lactic acid starting to build up as soon as we left Willowmore. couldn't get my heart rate to drop under 170bpm. I felt like quitting, but I couldnt drop my partner, he trained the whole winter for this.

He managed to pull me all the way for a great 10:15. we couldnt believe it when we arrived @ Bergplaas 4 pm. We always said that it would be our dream to go down the other side in daylight. what an experience!

I will definitely do it again.