Exciting new store opening soon in JHB!

Gooner101

This must be the awesome new shop in East gate Mega Cycles

Think thats the 1 thats taken up space in eastgate mica.... was very surprised to see bikes in there on saturday.Nice to have another shop with some spares as that mica is open late on weekends..pricing didnt look to bad... .

Slight:::: hijak sorry ......

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think thats the 1 thats taken up space in eastgate mica.... was very surprised to see bikes in there on saturday.Nice to have another shop with some spares as that mica is open late on weekends..pricing didnt look to bad... .

Slight:::: hijak sorry ......

Back in the day there was a shop in Eastgate which was divided between a hardware store (can't remember name) and Eastgate Cycles. Eldron and greatwhite raced for them and worked in the store when I met them. Bought my first bicycle as an adult there - a Haro MTB in 1991.

Edited by SLiiick

Back in the day there was a shop in Eastgate which was divided between a hardware store (can't remember name) and Eastgate Cycles. Eldron and greatwhite raced for them and worked in the store when I met them. Bought my first bicycle as an adult there - a Haro MTB in 1991.

I am almost sure that was Johnson Cycles - they used to have a great wrench there.

Anyone have a contact number for the store? Want to take my bike in for a service.

The number I got 0741705139

I remember that place.

Did your haro break?

I am almost sure that was Johnson Cycles - they used to have a great wrench there.

Nope - It was definitely Eastgate Cycles - at one point, the highest turnover cycleshop in SA (was located where incredible connection is now)

You are probably right about the 'great wrench' with Kim Johnson and his mob - had to take my bike to them for an insurance claim some years back - on return of the bike the rear Dura-Ace skewer was done so tight the cam had actually been damaged - they swore it was like it when they got it, which was BS.

End mini hijack - Will be interested to see what the new store holds.

Nope - It was definitely Eastgate Cycles - at one point, the highest turnover cycleshop in SA (was located where incredible connection is now)

You are probably right about the 'great wrench' with Kim Johnson and his mob - had to take my bike to them for an insurance claim some years back - on return of the bike the rear Dura-Ace skewer was done so tight the cam had actually been damaged - they swore it was like it when they got it, which was BS.

Also had a similar unfortunate experience at his shop with scratch marks obviously from a spill and not shipping on a new bike.

Doesn't understand that even the best shops make mistakes - his no exception.

Sorry I was confused for a moment, it was the wrench who worked there that went to Johnsons after it closed, but wasn't there for long, pleasant guy with long hair if I remember correctly.

I remember that place.

Did your haro break?

Nope. Sold it a few years later for nearly as much as I paid for it.

Sorry I was confused for a moment, it was the wrench who worked there that went to Johnsons after it closed, but wasn't there for long, pleasant guy with long hair if I remember correctly.

I think I know who you are talking about - now works for Coolheat. I can promise you, he, specifically, would never have overloaded a skewer.