Wines 2 Whales - 2013

Francois Pienaar

whats the deal with the bike wash facility? is this included in the event or do you need to bring your own bike wash etc and do it yourself?

If your bike is booked for a wash/lube/repair package with one of the shops/mechanics, then you just hand them your bike and you get it afterwards all spick & span. This you pay extra for it, but if you're lazy, it simplifies the logistics. (Don't watch how they blow the living daylights out of every bearing with their ultra high pressure hoses)

Otherwise clean and lube your own bike. The wash facility is for everyone to use. You just have to take your own brush/cloth/soap. It's no big deal, especially if you are used to cleaning your own bike.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your bike is booked for a wash/lube/repair package with one of the shops/mechanics, then you just hand them your bike and you get it afterwards all spick & span. This you pay extra for it, but if you're lazy, it simplifies the logistics. (Don't watch how they blow the living daylights out of every bearing with their ultra high pressure hoses)

Otherwise clean and lube your own bike. The wash facility is for everyone to use. You just have to take your own brush/cloth/soap. It's no big deal, especially if you are used to cleaning your own bike.

And then take bike to lbs on Monday to have all bearings and pivots replaced because they blasted the hell out of everything.I prefer to wash my own bike,sorry.

I remember a guy last year got his hand in front of one of those high pressure cleaners,pealed the skin off his finger like a surgical knife.Dangerouse things they are.

Guys, they say 3 meals supplied a day, is that assuming riders will all finish round about lunch time?

Also how is the breakfast?

Guys, they say 3 meals supplied a day, is that assuming riders will all finish round about lunch time?

Also how is the breakfast?

You're right, 3 meals provided each day. The spur burger will be waiting for you whenever you finish, just go to the spur stand/kitchen, show them your riders card/bangle and they hand over a burger and chips (freshly made).

The breakfast is awesome. Hot/cold/cereal/porridge/bacon/eggs/fruit/yogurt/etc etc. As much as you can eat. Only thing that wasn't that great was the coffee but then they had one of those coffee trailers just outside the tent so all good. Suppers were just as good.

Eat as much as you can, even if you don't feel like it, because you'll need it later on the route.

Edited by Beattbox

adventure entry available

oh no, there are guys in the "entries" section of the classifieds looking for one.

Besides breakfast, lunch & dinner should one take extra food with to snack on or will there be snacks available?

All packed. Leaving early am. Very excited. Aah- the thrill and slight nerves of pre-race! Looking forward to my mudfest.

good luck to those riding the race tomorrow :thumbup: , just leave the trials in good order for us next weekend! :ph34r:

post updates/pics to get us excited.

P.S. anyone know if we can buy the W2W cycling tops that I have seen pics of guys wearing..?

good luck to those riding the race tomorrow :thumbup: , just leave the trials in good order for us next weekend! :ph34r:

post updates/pics to get us excited.

P.S. anyone know if we can buy the W2W cycling tops that I have seen pics of guys wearing..?

you talking about these jackets? You should've placed an order for it weeks ago already. As this year its not free we have to pay for it. This year they are giving the bags for free.

post-3951-0-40648500-1383209873_thumb.jpg

post-3951-0-36598300-1383209889_thumb.png

you talking about these jackets? You should've placed an order for it weeks ago already. As this year its not free we have to pay for it. This year they are giving the bags for free.

nope, i saw some pics of guys in W2W cycling tops, looked quite nice but think its only for crew etc.

nope, i saw some pics of guys in W2W cycling tops, looked quite nice but think its only for crew etc.

oh ok. Yeah i think it is, who knows they might just have some of it on sale at the rider zone.

I have an XL in that blue jacket from last year. Super condition. Yours for R400.

Eish let me guess you got the sizing wrong? I initially ordered Large for the 2013 jacket but after going for a fitting at SWH, i had to quickly change it to a size Small.

Good luck, enjoy & don't forget to check in here every day with updates, especially if there is free Wi-Fi.