Whey protien and recovery drink

wozman

Hi guys,

Wanted some proven advice from you guys, im busy training for the 2014 epic and id like to no what is the best whey protein and recovery drink that is in the market.

I use perpetuem during rides and currently do not use anything else.

Your comments and advice will be appreciated!

Not sure which products to advice, but some info I've gathered:

Your body can only take up 27grams of protein per every 2-3hours. So no need to overdose on protein.

I've felt that only using whey after long rides that I still felt drained. Hence I've switched to recovery drinks, then later during the day and before bed whey.

Hope it helps.

I use the Biogen L-glutamine mixed with the Biogen Nitroplex Meal replacement from dischem after every ride. Works a treat for me for 2 epics and day to day training.

The best on the market is Optimum Nutrition. No doubt about that.

For whey protein for recovery i would use Casein Protein before bed as it has a higher absorbtion

(Slow Release kind of...)

I use the Biogen L-glutamine mixed with the Biogen Nitroplex Meal replacement from dischem after every ride. Works a treat for me for 2 epics and day to day training.

Thanks bud, ill give it a try!

Very good advice thus far. I'm not a big fan on whey after cycling. Prefer a coffee, maybe a fruit like a banana and then eating some food with carbs, protein and fat in them.

But what do we know. Not like we cycle competitively, well most of us.

Edited by wheelerdealer

Hi guys,

Wanted some proven advice from you guys, im busy training for the 2014 epic and id like to no what is the best whey protein and recovery drink that is in the market.

I use perpetuem during rides and currently do not use anything else.

Your comments and advice will be appreciated!

Real food - just eat as quickly as possible post ride - peanut butter and jam sandwiches have about exactly the same nutrition as a commercial recovery mix.

Lemme splain to ya!

99% of all protein shakes on the market is BS and provide false info on the labels regarding nutritional info. When getting a protein shake, you want the highest amount possible protein p/100g with the least amount of carbs/fats. I.M.O Evox lean pro is very good but if you want THE sh*t look at www.basicsupplements.co.za. They have some raw supplements that have very good nutritional values, it's unflavoured so it doesn't taste like milkshake (but you want it for the protein, not the taste right?).

Anyway, ANY supplement on the market is just there to compliment your diet IF needed. If you just eat the right food at the right amount you'll never need to use a sigle supplement for energy or muscle growth, maybe just some vitamins/essentail oils for general health.

I know this for a FACT and no oe in this entire world will ever be able to prove that wrong - YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!!!

I can write you essays on dieting and nutrition and go heavy into detail but I'll only do that if you're SERIOUS about it otherwise I waste 2 hours of my time explaining it and it falls on deaf ears.

Luckily the internet is your friend

Buy a box of Futurelife instant poridge, devide into portions and mix with milk as a recovery drink!! Compare nutritional value with the unaffordable "recovery drinks", you will fall on your back!!! Been working great for me!!

A cappucino is a pretty good recovery drink. Many recovery drinks are high in whey protein, which is a milk extract. The high percentage of milk in a cap is thus good for recovery, with the caffeine giving you a short term kick after a hard work out. Works for me. Burry was known for drinking Steri Sumpy after a race, which is basically the same thing minus the caffeine.

My 2c

A cappucino is a pretty good recovery drink. Many recovery drinks are high in whey protein, which is a milk extract. The high percentage of milk in a cap is thus good for recovery, with the caffeine giving you a short term kick after a hard work out. Works for me. Burry was known for drinking Steri Sumpy after a race, which is basically the same thing minus the caffeine.

My 2c

He was sponsored by USN ...so think we can all agree, sterile stumpie + loads of whey and recovery mix es from USN .