Pedals

Gustav1

Stay clear of XTR! Wear out in a short while and service kit way too expensive! The new LOOK carbons good option!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any pedal for which can purchase a rebuild kit should be avoided like a Hillbfow hooker. That'd be Crank Bros. A rebuild kit! For a pedal? Seriously!?

Never seen or heard of a Shimano pedal rebuild kit, and never needed to service my 959s (XTR/XT predecessor) in 5 years. So pretty much what most others said here - XT

Stuff this disco shoe, ankle biter, torture trap nonsense and get flat pedals.

It will change your life.

So they're pretty much on a par with 29r's then? But will they make your hair grow back .... :ph34r:

So they're pretty much on a par with 29r's then? But will they make your hair grow back .... :ph34r:

In places you never had hair! :o

Any pedal for which can purchase a rebuild kit should be avoided like a Hillbfow hooker. That'd be Crank Bros. A rebuild kit! For a pedal? Seriously!?

Never seen or heard of a Shimano pedal rebuild kit, and never needed to service my 959s (XTR/XT predecessor) in 5 years. So pretty much what most others said here - XT

After endless hassles with cranks pedals and rebuilds I tend to agree. Only thing going for them is the float. Never had a blink from my shimanos. Times are also bullet proof.

Crank Bros look like the the Dog's Bollocks. Turns out they're just bollocks...

XT

went for quick 15km XC ride with my new Shimano MX80 Saints pedals and 5.10 Freeriders today, cannot really feel a great loss in pedal effeciency vs cleats - was lotsa fun, don't think I will be going back to cleats especialy after my big fall 2 weeks ago.

Happy with the Saints

Platform pedals are the go, just gotta play it safe with the spikes + shins, I file some of the outer spikes down, round them off - still grippy just not to rippy on human flesh.

Nothing beats the freedom of moving your feet into which ever position feels good in the moment + bailing is a pleasure. Man I feel the pain when okes bail still locked in.

Happened once, never again, the moment before a slam normally unfolds in a micro second, nothing like now trying to focus on not eating it too bad and unclipping both feet in perfect time with your fast approaching oblivion!!

Edited by Skylark

540's is your best value for money out there.

After moving from SPD's to Eggies( riding them through two rebuilds until they were moeg) and a while back to Quartz.

I prefer Quartz pedals by far.