Impey second on Tour de France GC after Stage 4 TTT

Matt

Would be great to see him in yellow :thumbup:

Not sure that can happen unless Gerrans decides to go home early :/

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I think if he finishes today's stage ten places ahead of Gerrans, he is in yellow

How cool is that? Nice going Daryl, hope you can hang around the top end for a while longer.

always remember andrew mac grilling him on an old episode of supercycling about him not going overseas and just racing in his comfort zone with MTN locally, he's classy out there now.

Simon Gerrans (Orica-GreenEdge) retained his overall lead ahead of teammates Daryl Impey and Michael Albasini, which according to directeur sportif Matt White was the team's goal. "A main objective today was to keep the yellow jersey," White said. “Whether it stayed on Simon’s back or went to Daryl didn’t come into consideration at all. Our normal plan was to lead out Gossy [Matt Goss] for the sprint. With Impey as last lead-out, there was a good chance he would take over the yellow jersey from Simon if the sprint played out as we hoped.”

http://www.cyclingne...stage-5/results

Edited by Tumbleweed