Carbon fork crack....NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

travisza

My Cannondale frame cracked. Super service to replace it. They however refused to replace the fork. Does not form part of the frame warantee as forks are separately supplied by a fork manufacturer. I had to have the fork custom sprayed as it did not match rhe new frame paint scheme.Maybe Pina has a different policy for claims.

Had a similar experience with shimano. My rear wheel cracked and they replaced with a wheel that didn't match the front. They just told me to accept "as is" I wonder if there is a legal way to force them to replace with what you had.

Anyway, those Pinarello forks seem to be unique to Pinarello. Somebody has to cover the warranty for the fork.

Had a similar experience with shimano. My rear wheel cracked and they replaced with a wheel that didn't match the front. They just told me to accept "as is" I wonder if there is a legal way to force them to replace with what you had.

Anyway, those Pinarello forks seem to be unique to Pinarello. Somebody has to cover the warranty for the fork.

Jip. They should replace

I know a guy in Durban.

Really professional as he works with carbon fibre all day as it is his job.

As well as studying Carbon Technology, as far as I know.

He has repaired my MTB frame twice and I've had no problems and can't see the repair.

Price is more expensive than some others but compared to a new frame cheap, and it’s a complete repair where the carbon is replaced, over a foam base then compression wrapped and vacuum bagged and then painted.

As for the fork I can't say would have to have a clearer pic, but try for a warranty then see.

do not fix it replace it.

+1 ...... bad taste in your mouth if it fails

I must say I am a big 'user' of carbon fibre repairers (is that a word?) and ride 2 frames that have been repaired. One of them has had significant repair work BUT I would agree with the above that on a roadbike fork (or MTB for that matter) it's not something I would consider.

yeah I "tested" the weakness and there doesn't seem to be any give so fingers crossed its just paint

There is a problem there. Why did the paint crack. Take it to ASG

Call me at 0829227215. I know where you can get a 1 month old Dogma fork in the same colour. It was my old bike that was replaced after a month. The fork is still at the shop

+1 ...... bad taste in your mouth if it fails

I agree.... blood mixed with teeth and tar wouldnt be nice

Call me at 0829227215. I know where you can get a 1 month old Dogma fork in the same colour. It was my old bike that was replaced after a month. The fork is still at the shop

Sweet. Will definitely give you a call.

I think the crack is definitely where the alu is bonded to the carbon but like you mentioned above....why would the paint crack if there wasnt something going on there.

Not keen for it to give out while I'm in the drops trying to beat my land speed record.

Not quite a Dogma, but I had a similar looking crack on my Raleigh fork. The bike shop told me it was only a paint crack at the point where the aluminium steerer was bonded to the carbon. Raleigh did offer to replace, even though the warranty had expired.

I never did replace and never had any trouble from it.

Not quite a Dogma, but I had a similar looking crack on my Raleigh fork. The bike shop told me it was only a paint crack at the point where the aluminium steerer was bonded to the carbon. Raleigh did offer to replace, even though the warranty had expired.

I never did replace and never had any trouble from it.

Extra incentive to miss all potholes....you dont want to test it any more than absolutely necessary ;)